TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 12:26 am
So from the tv spots it looks like
no mask is needed to go in reverse
Thats what I was thinking. I hate to say it but it looks as if they are doing things with their minds. I know its fucking woo woo but I can't see any technology being used to reverse the bullets. Thank god we are getting some new footage though, I was getting fucking well pissed off at the lack of promo. I nearly cum in my pants when I saw all the tv spots on Reddit this morning he he.

cobble engineering wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:25 am
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
Thats what I was thinking. I hate to say it but it looks as if they are doing things with their minds. I know its fucking woo woo but I can't see any technology being used to reverse the bullets. Thank god we are getting some new footage though, I was getting fucking well pissed off at the lack of promo. I nearly cum in my pants when I saw all the tv spots on Reddit this morning he he.
I don't think they are doing this with their minds. I mean JDW seems kind of surprised that the bullet when back into the gun, so I don't think there will be powers and he's controlling the bullet or whatever.

Oku
Did the reversible title not test well? Did it confuse the focus groups?

Or did they bow to the legal threats from that random bike company?

Antovolk, pull whatever strings you need to get to the bottom of this.

Am I the only one who prefers TENET to be written normally? Like we get it, it's about reversing stuff. Nolan doesn't need these kinds of gimmicks.

I just realized the TV spots still have the line “in theaters and special engagements in 70mm, 35mm, and IMAX film.” Phew, that’s a good sign at least. I don’t know how wide those engagements will be though. Even pre-COVID, the IMAX 70mm list is going to be tiny this time around. Regal’s IMAX GTs at Irvine Spectrum, Mall of Georgia, King of Prussia and New Rochelle all installed laser since Dunkirk and it is unlikely they’ll use their 1570 projectors again. Dunkirk had 120 70mm locations, WB had bought100 70mm projectors from TWC after they were used for The Hateful Eight. But last I heard, WB doesn’t own those projectors anymore.

speedy117 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:30 am
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
I don't think they are doing this with their minds. I mean JDW seems kind of surprised that the bullet when back into the gun, so I don't think there will be powers and he's controlling the bullet or whatever.
Thank god, I would hate it to be that.

May 21st, 2020, 4:45 am
speedy117 wrote:

Thats kinda the Arrival aproach to time, wich doesnt really bother me, but im convinced there is a more mechanical/machine aspect involved here
wild guess but JDW learning to do this without a machine could be a crazy plot twist at the end, not likely

Normally, I would say that we'll know more once the trailer drops, but... judging by these few new shots in the TV spot I have know idea what the hell is going on in this film anymore :D I know less than I knew before.

I think there's some sort of deeper connection to India's
caste system and beliefs when it comes to the core of this films' mysterious sci-fi element/philosophy. So I don't think they're just in India for lols but I think it has more thematic depth to it than it may seem at first hand

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:54 am
May 21st, 2020, 4:45 am
speedy117 wrote:

Thats kinda the Arrival aproach to time, wich doesnt really bother me, but im convinced there is a more mechanical/machine aspect involved here
wild guess but JDW learning to do this without a machine could be a crazy plot twist at the end, not likely
Actually come to think of it Inception had allot to do with the mind and the nature of the subconscious. Cobb wasn't able to move on with his life because of the guilt he felt towards his wife. So he used dreams to access his subconscious mind to come to terms with what he had done. So Nolan has touched on the complexities of the mind before.