TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Here in France the government just said they are working on reopening cinemas July 1st :gonf: They will decide if this is possible or not in the next few weeks

morlock84 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 6:22 am
Here in France the government just said they are working on reopening cinemas July 1st :gonf: They will decide if this is possible or not in the next few weeks
Fellow Frenchman! :gonf:

Japan sucks, Tenet is scheduled to come out on September 17th, so I guess regardless on Covid there won't be any changes here... But if the date is maintained I'm definitely flying to Taiwan or Korea to catch it. Can't wait for two months ffs :evil:

Ace wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 11:11 am
Likely that Nolan is a guest on the ReelBlend podcast this week.
Slightly worried about this lol.

What if our boy Donald J. Nolan comes across as completely tone-deaf and out-of-touch?

Be afraid, people.

Insomniac wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 7:28 am
Ace wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 11:11 am
Likely that Nolan is a guest on the ReelBlend podcast this week.
Slightly worried about this lol.

What if our boy Donald J. Nolan comes across as completely tone-deaf and out-of-touch?

Be afraid, people.
haha! I feel like this sums up the discourse circling Nolan and the film.

Even though people didn't dig Fennessey's comments I would much rather the ringer interview him. Or someone who is good at interviews like Bilge Ebiri or David L Sims (both happen to also be Nolan fans). I can't stand the Reel Blend guys, holy s*** are they annoying. And this is despite the fact that the Reel Blend guys are also Nolan fans.

Fennessey is a good interviewer.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 7:57 am
Fennessey is a good interviewer.
Agreed. I know he is probably not popular on this forum, but he is good at what he does, and I like his podcasts, even despite him being a Nolan skeptic.

In my list of fantasies, an interview for Hot Ones with Sean Evans would be a fucking blast :gonf:

Vader182 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 12:00 am
this isn't the place for it but its 11 and there's no news anyway. these imo are the great runs of film history, leaving out a bunch:

Andrei Tarkovsky - Ivan's Childhood, Andrei Rublev, Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker
Stanley Kubrick - Pretty much his whole god damn career
James Cameron - T1, Aliens, The Abyss, T2 / Titanic & Avatar
PTA - There Will Be Blood, The Master, Inherent Vice, Phantom Thread
Chris Nolan - *whisper voice* pretty much his whole career?
Akira Kurosawa - Hidden Fortress, The Bad Sleep Well, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, High and Low
Michalangelo Antonioni - L'Avventura, La Notte, L'Eclisse, Red Desert
Quentin Tarantino - Hasn't made a movie that isn't great.
Denis Villeneuve- Besides Enemy,Incendies, Prisoners, Sicario, Blade Runner 2049
Wong Kar Wai - Fallen Angels, Happy Together, In the Mood for Love, 2046
Hayao Miyazaki - Nearly all masterpieces
Francis Ford Coppola - The Godfather, The Conversation, The Godfather II, Apocalypse Now
Alfonso Cuarón - Y Tu Mamá También, Prisoner of Azkaban, Gravity, Roma
Satoshi Kon - Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Paranoia Agent (TV), Paprika
Sergio Leone - A Fistfull Of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West
Bong Joon-ho - Memories of Murder, The Host, Mother, Snowpiercer, Okja, Parasite
Brian De Palma - Dressed to Kill, Blow Out, Body Double, Scarface, Body Double
Krzysztof Kieślowski - The Double Life of Véronique, Blue, White, Red
Jean-Pier Melville - Le Deuxième Souffle, Le Samouraï, Army of Shadows, Le Cercle Rouge
Jules Dassin - Naked City, Thieves Highway, Night and the City, Rififi

plenty of others too of course. mods can stick this somewhere else if they want to.

-Vader

Someone on Reddit just posted the title of the screenplay book of Tenet due to be released in September. Apparently its called Merry Go Round and says it deals with Nolans interest in time.
Last edited by cobble engineering on May 20th, 2020, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
Flutterby wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:16 am
In my list of fantasies, an interview for Hot Ones with Sean Evans would be a fucking blast :gonf:
I would love to see Nolan, JDW and Pattinson on Hot Ones as a group of individually.