TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
This ain't coming out in July. Nothing is until at least late August, early September.

m4st4 wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 8:41 am
This ain't coming out in July. Nothing is until at least late August, early September.
Just tell Nolan to give us the official runtime haha. That’s all I need. The movie can come out whenever it’s the right time. I don’t care waiting

Flutterby wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:59 am
No way I'm eating at the movies, let alone a new Nolan. 100% of my attention has to be on the screen. I'll also make sure not to drink too much beforehand, and use the restroom. Can't think of a worst thing than having to pee right in the middle.
Exactly.

Oku
m4st4 wrote:
bruh Deadline be reporting that if Tenet's delayed, it's taking WW1984's August spot, which is taking Dune's spot, pushing Dune into 2021

Ain't you the biggest Dune fan here lol you best be hoping that Tenet comes out in July if you want to see Dune in 2020

Demoph wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 7:16 am
Ace wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:15 am
Sounds like they are still planning for a red carpet premiere.
The big test will be Warner Bros.' Tenet, the latest mega-budget thriller from director Christopher Nolan, who has reportedly pushed hard for it to be the first Hollywood blockbuster back in theaters. Tellingly, its July 17 US release date has yet to shift.
"I really hope it happens - we know there's a lot of eyes on it, and we're excited by it," said Waldman, who is working on the premiere. "We spent a lot of time to create the plans we've created, to make an environment that's safe for the studio, for the press, and for the talent... We all want to go back to work as well."
Hollywood hype machine plots virus-proof red carpets
They have to make a premiere. The biggest part of marketing is convincing people cinemas are safe. If the director and actors are like "yeah, it's safe, but I won't personnally risk going to the premiere", I would personnally see it as very negative signal.
They can reduce the world promotion tour and focus on like three or four cities. But if they don't have the courage to go watch their own film in cinemas, why should we?
good point

Flutterby wrote:
No way I'm eating at the movies, let alone a new Nolan. 100% of my attention has to be on the screen. I'll also make sure not to drink too much beforehand, and use the restroom. Can't think of a worst thing than having to pee right in the middle.
Oh my god I hate having to pee in the middle of a movie. My attention goes from the movie to me assessing the situation and seeing how badly I have to pee.

speedy117 wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 12:24 pm
Flutterby wrote:
Oh my god I hate having to pee in the middle of a movie. My attention goes from the movie to me assessing the situation and seeing how badly I have to pee.
I‘m assuming that Tenets runtime will be similar to Interstellar. Watched Interstellar twice in cinemas. It had each time a break. So I wouldn‘t mind a 10 min break. I hate the feeling to pee, while concentrating on the movie.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 8:46 am
m4st4 wrote:
Just tell Nolan to give us the official runtime haha. That’s all I need. The movie can come out whenever it’s the right time. I don’t care waiting
Seems like Tenet hasn't been rated by MPAA yet. Even if Nolan has finished his editing, they still can't tell us the duration.

Fucking hell, some people on the Tenet subreddit are so fucking stupid.
Some guy posted a bts pic from the plane scene (which could potentially be one of the coolest action sequences in cinema), without putting a spoiler tag.
Here I am casually scrolling through reddit and I see spoilers.

speedy117 wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 4:48 pm
Fucking hell, some people on the Tenet subreddit are so fucking stupid.
Some guy posted a bts pic from the plane scene (which could potentially be one of the coolest action sequences in cinema), without putting a spoiler tag.
Here I am casually scrolling through reddit and I see spoilers.
Moderators there don’t do much when it comes to these things.