TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
TeddyBlass wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 3:05 pm
LA has had a rough time of it and has been seeing some spikes recently. I think its silly to release the Tenet without Hollywood.
I agree.

I got my hopes up a few days ago, but with the news that the virus is flaring up in some countries, I'm now convinced Tenet should and will move. At this point I just can't see Cinemas opening in July - I hope I'm just overly negative at the moment.

Goddammit!

Yea, hate to admit it, but with all the flareups lately in places like China and S. Korea, Its gonna and likely should be pushed back.

Please please please August 14th WB. Assuming it has to get pushed.

You know what? Even though it kills me to say this but I think it should move. Who knows when we’ll be able to experience movies the way we used to and I don’t like the idea of TENET being released at a period when things could easily go wrong.

I hope by July or August things get better but the virus will not disappear by then. Not even with a vaccine, we’ll have to live with this virus for years. There are a lot of people all over the world who are doing their best to flatten the curve and then there a lot of people who aren’t doing enough intentionally/recklessly or they simply aren’t privileged or fortunate enough to stay at home.

Given that July is still quite far off is the reason why no one cancels anything. For the moment they are keeping it on schedule since it very well may release on that date even though getting back into theaters won't be the same as before (distance between people, masks etc.).

The only reason why it's not certain about release is that marketing hasn't kicked off yet. Hoping this week something comes out.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 3:52 pm
You know what? Even though it kills me to say this but I think it should move. Who knows when we’ll be able to experience movies the way we used to and I don’t like the idea of TENET being released at a period when things could easily go wrong.

I hope by July or August things get better but the virus will not disappear by then. Not even with a vaccine, we’ll have to live with this virus for years. There are a lot of people all over the world who are doing their best to flatten the curve and then there a lot of people who aren’t doing enough intentionally/recklessly or they simply aren’t privileged or fortunate enough to stay at home.
So by that logic they should release it in 2022. Because this virus isn't going anywhere. The vaccine is our only hope and that might take 1-2 years at best. If an effective vaccine is even made. Like I said before, if you're waiting for things to be "normal" again, you will be waiting indefinitely. The truth is there is no way for things to be normal again. Society will have to adapt to living with this thing. That's why I feel postponing things won't solve anything. Theaters need to enforce distancing measures and precautions and open theaters with limited capacity. This will be the only option and studios will soon realize this.

gropercity wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:45 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:

So by that logic they should release it in 2022. Because this virus isn't going anywhere. The vaccine is our only hope and that might take 1-2 years at best. If an effective vaccine is even made. Like I said before, if you're waiting for things to be "normal" again, you will be waiting indefinitely. The truth is there is no way for things to be normal again. Society will have to adapt to living with this thing. That's why I feel postponing things won't solve anything. Theaters need to enforce distancing measures and precautions and open theaters with limited capacity. This will be the only option and studios will soon realize this.
the vaccine is much closer than that mate, testing will start in july in Japan, other investigations are closing in aswell, we never know, maybe the vaccine will be working by january next year, you are getting too borderline with your arguments, postponing will help, but theres no need to postpone it that much, your judgement is clouded.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:51 pm
gropercity wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:45 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:

the vaccine is much closer than that mate, testing will start in july in Japan, other investigations are closing in aswell, we never know, maybe the vaccine will be working by january next year, you are getting too borderline with your arguments, postponing will help, but theres no need to postpone it that much, your judgement is clouded.
exactly and absolutely well said this is the new flu among other illnesses to come for sure if we won't do anything concerning climate changing anyway everyone should learn to live with it we didn't know the heaven we where living even for those who struggled to make a living but they were at least free to breath some fresh air :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

So, delay tomorrow then????? :( :thumbdown: :(