TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
antovolk wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 3:01 pm
At this point, NY/LA is genuinely the only thing between this opening in July and a delay.

So I guess marketing full steam ahead and they just...live with the costs if the above forces a delay (not that they wouldn't have to anyway by sticking to July in the first place)

@The Special One - until Johnson and others say otherwise everyone is just gonna scramble to make July happen - so 'good' news in that regard
When I saw this UK plan to ease lockdown, I thought it was pretty bad news. Opening cinemas in July is the tentative plan which means that it can only be later and not earlier. This news probably increased the chance that Tenet will be delayed significantly.

If they are able to open "when" in July? I mean if different places get the go ahead to open July 7th or something. They can get staff in and train them in new procedures for safety and open July 17th for Tenet. It's possible...so this isn't completely negative news. We have to see how the curve goes for next 50 days or so...

If they move forward with the July date, we need a trailer within the next 2 weeks at the latest.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 3:20 pm
antovolk wrote:
At this point, NY/LA is genuinely the only thing between this opening in July and a delay.

So I guess marketing full steam ahead and they just...live with the costs if the above forces a delay (not that they wouldn't have to anyway by sticking to July in the first place)

@The Special One - until Johnson and others say otherwise everyone is just gonna scramble to make July happen - so 'good' news in that regard
When I saw this UK plan to ease lockdown, I thought it was pretty bad news. Opening cinemas in July is the tentative plan which means that it can only be later and not earlier. This news probably increased the chance that Tenet will be delayed significantly.
exactly

dragon_phoenix wrote:
antovolk wrote:

What? The UK plan is a GOOD sign. They are doing the same as US and easing opening. That means theaters would be open by end of June/early July. There is absolutely no reason to delay release. This should be the movie to get people back to theaters.

gropercity wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 4:06 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
antovolk wrote:

What? The UK plan is a GOOD sign. They are doing the same as US and easing opening. That means theaters would be open by end of June/early July. There is absolutely no reason to delay release. This should be the movie to get people back to theaters.
I hope theaters open on time for Tenet too. All it takes is for a spike sometime in June for the opening of theaters to be delayed. The margin of error is going to be very tight.

I just talked to my brother who lives in Georgia. Apparently theaters are open there.

Yeah but nobody is making decisions based off Georgia.

KEM
I keep forgetting that Aaron Taylor-Johnson is in this movie...