TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
Law
I'll tell ya, a lot of people are finding out about this movie.

Law wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 11:22 pm
sure are!

Law wrote:
„Tenet will save cinema“

Read so many articles like that. Even here in Germany. I don‘t know how other countries handle the lockdown loosening. But Germany goes back to normal life now. In 2-3 weeks nearly all cinemas will reopen. But Politicians said, if the cases increase again (second wave), the lockdown will come back.

And thats what I‘m frightened of. In a worst case scenario Tenet gets released in July (with only half of the seats filled obviously). One week after release the cinemas are shutdown again. So Tenet would have to share the same fate as Onward (a movie that would have been clearly a box office hit, but after Corona shutdown it got immediately a vod release). Thats why I still prefer to push back Dune to 2021 and giving Tenet the december slot. Hoping that the worst is over till back then.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 3:24 am
Law wrote:
„Tenet will save cinema“

Read so many articles like that. Even here in Germany. I don‘t know how other countries handle the lockdown loosening. But Germany goes back to normal life now. In 2-3 weeks nearly all cinemas will reopen. But Politicians said, if the cases increase again (second wave), the lockdown will come back.

And thats what I‘m frightened of. In a worst case scenario Tenet gets released in July (with only half of the seats filled obviously). One week after release the cinemas are shutdown again. So Tenet would have to share the same fate as Onward (a movie that would have been clearly a box office hit, but after Corona shutdown it got immediately a vod release). Thats why I still prefer to push back Dune to 2021 and giving Tenet the december slot. Hoping that the worst is over till back then.
I remember reading a couple of articles stating that covid19 wasnt to blame for its poor performance, but perhaps the marketing didnt make a big impression.

^ Definitely. I wasn't going to see that movie in theaters regardless of COVID-19, and I love Pixar. Just didn't care for the look, the characters, etc.

Saw it on Disney+ with a free trial, though. First half was mish-mash and second half was redeeming, but overall it's on the lower end of Pixar films for me, mostly because I wasn't in love with the film's setting and backdrop.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 4:11 am
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
Law wrote:
„Tenet will save cinema“

I remember reading a couple of articles stating that covid19 wasnt to blame for its poor performance, but perhaps the marketing didnt make a big impression.
It‘s a pixar movie. Even if it‘s bad, people would‘ve still seen it. Especially families with kids. It‘s so easy for original animated features to gross over 500-600 million.

ninenin wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 11:15 pm
One thing that's been disturbing me lately is the doom-and-gloom attitude that a lot of people have been adopting. Having cautious optimism isn't a bad thing... it's the last thing we have to hold on to, with all the fear and resentment going around. It's like people aren't allowed to be positive and confident in themselves anymore, lest you be branded stupid and selfish for wanting to gradually return to normal.
"There can be no true despair without hope." :lol:

i bet tomorrow we gonna get the trailer i'm pretty sure about it :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

kamelgunner wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 11:30 am
i bet tomorrow we gonna get the trailer i'm pretty sure about it :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:
hate to burst bubbles (sometimes) but we usually get a trailer rated a few days in advance, so the trailer dropping cant really be a surprise.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
Law wrote:
„Tenet will save cinema“

Good point, I heard the Bundesliga is starting up again a week from today.