TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
If WB is able to get longer than average runs in theaters with increased showtimes and delays it's home release longer than usual, then it could possibly make a decent profit no matter if its release is staggered around the world. It will likely not be as much as it was gonna make before the virus, because some people will not go back to theaters for awhile (if ever), but it could still be a decent number.

radewart wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 5:58 pm
If WB is able to get longer than average runs in theaters with increased showtimes and delays it's home release longer than usual, then it could possibly make a decent profit no matter if its release is staggered around the world. It will likely not be as much as it was gonna make before the virus, because some people will not go back to theaters for awhile (if ever), but it could still be a decent number.
If they can flatten the length of a decent amount of screens in their hands, you may be right.

quervo wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 4:32 am
I had a dream about Tenet, and in my dream it was a sequel to The Dark Knight trilogy and some people called it Batman 5(?). :D However the only connection between them was Alfred who basically sold all the Wayne Enterprises technologies to the agency, so agents can use all Batman's toys as he doesn't need them anymore.
That.....makes sense? Imagine if Morgan Freeman was secretly cast in the movie as Lucas Fox? “You need to reverse-bungee up a building? I think I can get something for that. You don’t need it in black, do you?”

What irks me at the moment, is people on twitter criticizing Nolan for being "greedy" for wanting to open Tenet in July. You think it's too soon to release, that's fine, it may end up being so. But, Nolan certainly has a strong backend deal on the film, and with the film very likely making less than before, he's giving up several millions to help theaters jumpstart opening than if he waited till next year or something.

A vaccine late this year is becoming more of a possibility, if i recall correctly Oxford is the favourite, but also Israel published successful results.

radewart wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 6:27 pm
What irks me at the moment, is people on twitter criticizing Nolan for being "greedy" for wanting to open Tenet in July. You think it's too soon to release, that's fine, it may end up being so. But, Nolan certainly has a strong backend deal on the film, and with the film very likely making less than before, he's giving up several millions to help theaters jumpstart opening than if he waited till next year or something.
Right!

It is the other way around. Staying true to release date inspires confidence in man's character.

Just go ahead and release it already

It's sad because this was the month we were going to have a new trailer plus the steady release of TV spots. But now we have nothing. Just complete inactivity. :cry:

blackColumn wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 10:27 pm
It is the other way around. Staying true to release date inspires confidence in man's character.
One thing that's been disturbing me lately is the doom-and-gloom attitude that a lot of people have been adopting. Having cautious optimism isn't a bad thing... it's the last thing we have to hold on to, with all the fear and resentment going around. It's like people aren't allowed to be positive and confident in themselves anymore, lest you be branded stupid and selfish for wanting to gradually return to normal.