TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
marshallmurphy wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Running time listed as 195 minutes on Letterboxd and The Movie Database.

TENET Letterboxd
TENET The Movie Database

If only these sites were more reliable...
I keep seeing this runtime being reported, there was a Russian site that also reported this (can't remember what it was called); but, as you pointed out, they may not be reliable sources. Just wondering where they got that number from. I am highly skeptical because IMAX projectors usually have a limit of about 2 hours and 45 min.. unless there is an intermission to change over the film reel or something.

It can't be 195 mins, as we are all aware of it. And I'm guessing the runtime will be somewhere between 140 and 160 mins.

radewart wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 2:13 am

Who knows if he heard this from anybody actually in the know. For the youngsters, this guys ran a site called Aint It Cool News in the late 90's/early 00's that was the premiere site for insider movie news and reviews.
Harry Knowles is great, he's the kind of person who would have insight on things like this.

The Special One wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 2:01 am
radewart wrote:

Who knows if he heard this from anybody actually in the know. For the youngsters, this guys ran a site called Aint It Cool News in the late 90's/early 00's that was the premiere site for insider movie news and reviews.
Harry Knowles is great, he's the kind of person who would have insight on things like this.
No he’s not. He’s a corrupt studio shill, a sex offender and an overall bad person. I listen to nothing that guy has to say, there is very little chance he has any clout to know whether the film is good or not.

I mean this is a guy who slept during inception then he gave it a bad review.

Sharkboy wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 2:37 am
The Special One wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 2:01 am
radewart wrote:

No he’s not. He’s a corrupt studio shill, a sex offender and an overall bad person. I listen to nothing that guy has to say, there is very little chance he has any clout to know whether the film is good or not.

I mean this is a guy who slept during inception then he gave it a bad review.
So which is it? Is he sort of reliable or not?

yes, he's reliable

Nobody on Twitter is

Pioneerr wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 11:05 am
Nobody on Twitter is
word

He’s sort of reliable with insider info, but also a terrible human being.

-Vader

It is a sci-fi action-thriller about time travel, with two intersecting storylines, one set in the near future and one in the 1950’s. John David Washington and Robert Pattinson are playing scientists who travel from the future to the past and get caught up in a conspiracy involving a femme fatale played by Elizabeth Debicki. Washington is the main, while Pattinson takes on a more antagonistic role.

The mechanics of time travel are unique, with the leads existing simultaneously in both time periods, and having limits to how far they can go and what they can do in the past. Mark Rylance and William Fichtner will be in the movie as supporting characters in the future timeline, while Lucy Boynton is in early talks for a pivotal role in the past timeline. James McAvoy is being eyed for a very important role in the past timeline as well.

The title isn’t locked in yet, but it is being referred by studio heads as Tempus Fugit or simply Tempus.
Thoughts?

This was a theory earlier in mid 2019 around the time they were speculating about the plot of the movie so take this with a grain of salt. Although it will be interesting to see if Pattinson was the twist of the story or lets say being the antagonist in the movie all along?
Last edited by Bernache567 on April 28th, 2020, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.