TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

User of Interest wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 6:23 pm
antovolk wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 3:54 pm
User of Interest wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 3:12 pm
WTF, why is there suddenly news about these images as if they were just released?!
Example: https://www.moovy.dk/nyheder/film/Fem-n ... lans-Tenet
Because the studio put them.out themselves instead of being exclusive to EW and Fandango and USA Today
So this one is official?
I guess, but why is JDW character like that? Does anyone have any theories?

Maybe there is 2 of him in the film or something

speedy117 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 10:42 pm
User of Interest wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 6:23 pm
antovolk wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 3:54 pm

Because the studio put them.out themselves instead of being exclusive to EW and Fandango and USA Today
So this one is official?
I guess, but why is JDW character like that? Does anyone have any theories?
One theory could be it's a capture from a moving scene. Like JDW was just turning around when the image was taken. It's still highly unusual for a studio to release a hi-res version of a capture like this.

Another theory I have is that this is some sort of quantum phase shifting taking place, allowing JDW's character to experience a few moments ahead in time. A similar technique was used in Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp to depict the character of Ghost. You could see similar outlines that represented her position in time a few seconds before / after. Maybe I'm unable to articulate it well; watch this brief clip to get an idea.

Basically, JDW's character could be in a similar state. Or Pattinson's character could be experiencing him in that state. It may be called something else in the movie. Still not sure how it ties into the time-reversal tech. Or perhaps this is a scene demonstrating an application of that tech in its early phases; letting you rewind only a few seconds or frames.

Ace

Even though top exhibition circuits like AMC and Cinemark are hoping to reopen by the beginning of July — with Cinemark CEO Mark Zoradi last week citing Warner Bros.’ Tenet as a key comeback title — Stankey said he is not overly optimistic. “Don’t expect that’s going to be a snap-back” recovery, he said. “I think that’s going to be something that we’re going to have to watch the formation of consumer confidence, not just about going to movies, just in general about being back out in public.”

When are they gonna start the promo train and how are they gonna do it? Things are so unpredictable given the current situation. God I'm dying to see some new material!

P.S. Dunkirk's social media account started to post new stuff since March 2017, after first trailer had dropped in December 2016. I hope I can wake up to the TENET new post notification as soon as possible. :(

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:30 am
When are they gonna start the promo train and how are they gonna do it? Things are so unpredictable given the current situation. God I'm dying to see some new material!

P.S. Dunkirk's social media account started to post new stuff since March 2017, after first trailer had dropped in December 2016. I hope I can wake up to the TENET new post notification as soon as possible. :(
If they keep the premiere date, that means new materials can surface at any moment now, but somehow I don't smell it. I can't recall my memories of Inception's marketing, that was the last time a production was so mysterious, but I don't think that had this level of secrecy. Now we don't know anything about the plot, even the character names. Since Inception we could guess TDKR's plot very well because of the comic books, we had an old script for Interstellar and Dunkirk was based on true events, so this is the first time in 10 years for Chris to keep his secrets. A second trailer is very likely, and I think we'll have some clips of JDW's training or introduction to the physics.

quervo wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 11:18 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:30 am

If they keep the premiere date, that means new materials can surface at any moment now, but somehow I don't smell it. I can't recall my memories of Inception's marketing, that was the last time a production was so mysterious, but I don't think that had this level of secrecy. Now we don't know anything about the plot, even the character names. Since Inception we could guess TDKR's plot very well because of the comic books, we had an old script for Interstellar and Dunkirk was based on true events, so this is the first time in 10 years for Chris to keep his secrets. A second trailer is very likely, and I think we'll have some clips of JDW's training or introduction to the physics.
Old script for Interstellar?

speedy117 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 11:27 am
One of the previous drafts written by Jonathan Nolan, before Chris joined the project, was lurking around the internet. It was around the time, I guess, when Spielberg was still attached to the project, but I could be wrong.

speedy117 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 11:27 am
https://thescriptsavant.com/pdf/Interstellar.pdf

This is the one I read, but that was after the movie came out. I assume it's the one that was floating around before the film was released, but someone else would have to confirm this.