TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
We're exactly 3 months out today from it's hypothetical release date. If the film gets delayed, then it can't be long until that happens. :(

marshallmurphy wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 10:12 am
I bring up awards because I would like to see a Nolan film win best picture. Although I hate the Oscars with a passion, I think he deserves to win one.
If you really hate the Oscars that much, why would it matter whether or not he ever got one?

marshallmurphy wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 10:12 am
Press usually increases around awards movies as well - photoshoots of the cast with the director, interviews, etc.
Nolan's films will never have problems getting attention in the press, regardless of whether they are up for any year-end awards or not.

HorrorBiz wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 11:12 am
If you really hate the Oscars that much, why would it matter whether or not he ever got one?
Because he deserves to win one.

HorrorBiz wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 11:12 am
Nolan's films will never have problems getting attention in the press, regardless of whether they are up for any year-end awards or not.
Movies that come out in July typically do not continue to get attention until December, or in the spring when the Oscars take place. Award-season movies also get a different kind of attention, separate from summer blockbusters. If TENET could get both that would be great. We would get interviews and the like during the summer, and more interviews and photoshoots during the winter. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this.

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 10:53 am
We're exactly 3 months out today from it's hypothetical release date. If the film gets delayed, then it can't be long until that happens. :(
Who would've thought TENET and Nolan would be in every single article about literally saving cinema these days. What a weird time to be alive. Hopefully TENET date holds but I doubt it. August and onward (with Wonder Woman 1984 being the saving grace) seems more likely, and more safe.

m4st4 wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 2:53 am
Who would've thought TENET and Nolan would be in every single article about literally saving cinema these days. What a weird time to be alive. Hopefully TENET date holds but I doubt it. August and onward (with Wonder Woman 1984 being the saving grace) seems more likely, and more safe.
Knowing Nolan who is such a fan of cinema and the theatre experience, he would do anything in his capacity to save cinema but given that so much money has been put into this project with WB looking to profit out of it - July seems like an unlikely release time. But let's see.

m4st4 wrote:
Keep in mind that if WB pushes Tenet, they may end up pushing WW84 again as well, since they're only 4 weeks apart, unless Tenet only goes to October or something.

April 18th, 2020, 12:51 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Keep in mind that if WB pushes Tenet, they may end up pushing WW84 again as well, since they're only 4 weeks apart, unless Tenet only goes to October or something.
If tenet gets pushed I’d be very surprised if it gets pushed before ww84

Will be cool if they release something new after the first trailer will reach 20 mil. views.

Why So Serious? wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 3:18 pm
Will be cool if they release something new after the first trailer will reach 20 mil. views.
I love Nolan's trailers. But I hope they don't release a new one. This is the closest I've ever come to seeing a new Nolan film without seeing too much footage before the release. We got the trailer and the prologue and I think that's enough. Nolan wants us to go in blindly and I would love to do that. We can easily survive another 3 months without a new trailer =)

But on the other side, people are starving for content. The view count would probably be insane if they release a new trailer.

geozou1 wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 8:46 pm
Why So Serious? wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 3:18 pm
I love Nolan's trailers. But I hope they don't release a new one. This is the closest I've ever come to seeing a new Nolan film without seeing too much footage before the release. We got the trailer and the prologue and I think that's enough. Nolan wants us to go in blindly and I would love to do that. We can easily survive another 3 months without a new trailer =)

But on the other side, people are starving for content. The view count would probably be insane if they release a new trailer.
They are going to release one 100%. You can continue to hope there isn't one if you want. There is no true despair without hope...