TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I see your point Ruth, but it’s like people are trying to look for something to put their anger and negativity blindly. He literally mentioned theater workers who are probably suffering too. Unfortunately, even I haven’t though of them until he mentioned it.

And it’s not like he’s saying forget about the virus and go watch a movie in a theater right now (which is not even possible for most of us). I just hate how people are so quick to throw negative or hateful remarks out there without fully understanding the situation or showing some empathy and compassion.

Movie theaters employ thousands of people and not just the people selling the tickets or concessions. It's a whole industry. The bunch of people working at the corporate offices. All the people who work for companies like Deluxe Media or Cinevision who facilitate the transferring of the digital content to each theater.
The techs from companies that work on the actual projectors and their support systems. The several companies that build the different models of digital projectors and the bulbs and other parts for them.
The companies that manufacture the different tubs, cups, nacho trays, etc. and they employee drivers to ship them to theatres.
The people who clean the theaters over night, many of them illegal but work real hard for not enough pay to support their families back home. And many, many more I am forgetting at the moment.

So many people just want to sit at home and want to stream everything, buy everything off Amazon, and door dash or grubhub everything. Fine, but its gonna destroy millions of jobs, which will have ramifications for us all.

Ace

I doubt Tenet won't get delayed, but can you imagine all this shit settles before summer, and everyone is bored out of their minds and Tenet is the only big movie out? That'd be awesome.

speedy117 wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 8:00 pm
I doubt Tenet won't get delayed, but can you imagine all this shit settles before summer, and everyone is bored out of their minds and Tenet is the only big movie out? That'd be awesome.
Yes it would be awesome. Which is why I think if this goes on past July, WB should let Nolan release it as soon as theatres are allowed to reopen. It is the best thing they can do to try and revive the movie industry after taking such a big hit.

ninenin wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 8:09 pm
speedy117 wrote:
Yes it would be awesome. Which is why I think if this goes on past July, WB should let Nolan release it as soon as theatres are allowed to reopen. It is the best thing they can do to try and revive the movie industry after taking such a big hit.
The smart thing to do would be to delay all big summer blockbusters til next year, as all production has stopped those 2021 movies will likely have to be delayed to 2022, so something would need to fill the void. I believe fans on here might want to start setting their expectations for a July 2021 date.

Sharkboy wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 11:08 am
ninenin wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 8:09 pm
speedy117 wrote:
The smart thing to do would be to delay all big summer blockbusters til next year, as all production has stopped those 2021 movies will likely have to be delayed to 2022, so something would need to fill the void. I believe fans on here might want to start setting their expectations for a July 2021 date.
I don't see how delaying everything by a year will solve anything. Tenet is pretty much ready to go, they are just putting the finishing touches on it, they are in Post-production. Delaying things til next summer will just mean it has to compete with a whole lot of other movies. Just release it once the pandemic is "over", there will be little to no competition to deal with.

VOD release

anikom15 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 4:29 pm
VOD release
Nolan would rather not ever release the film, than to give it a VOD premiere.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 4:42 pm
anikom15 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 4:29 pm
VOD release
Nolan would rather not ever release the film, than to give it a VOD premiere.
I’m not sure about that. Nolan may not be completely on board with VOD but if the circumstances were to change, he probably would rather have a way to show people his movie than not at all but honestly I don’t think theaters will have it that bad once the situation is in control and people can go back step by step to a normal life. We’ll see how everything unfolds in a few months.

He did praise Amazon when it comes to streaming online because they respect the theater release time frame too from what I read in an article.