TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I'm going in a deep and dreamless slumber, wake me up when Tenet is out (I hope somebody understands that reference).

Ace

Ace wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 9:53 pm
I’m not crying you are

Nolan is too pure for this world :cry:

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 10:14 pm
Ace wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 9:53 pm
I’m not crying you are
haha God bless that man.

I kinda thought that Nolan would say something to address the current situation where cinemas are all shut down and many of them are having a very difficult time. And he did. I LOVE OUR KING!
Maybe, like me, you thought you were going to the movies for surround sound, or Goobers, or soda and popcorn, or movie stars. But we weren’t. We were there for each other.
Such simple yet powerful words.

The Twitter responses to his article are depressing as shit. Literally everyone saying they don’t care if they all close and we should stream everything from now on.

Yeah some are like “cinemas were already struggling and this is the final hit” or whatever. It’s not helpful at all. It shouldn’t be a competition.

But you guys gotta understand where this anger stems from. It’s not a big FU to movie theaters and artists, it’s part of a much bigger systemic issue. It’s not really Nolan or other artists’ fault, of course it’s valid to be distressed about something you’re passionate about. A lot of us feel like a part of what’s important to us was taken away by these events.

But when you or your family are facing death due to inept healthcare system, or your minimum wage job is on the line, or you’ve already lost your job and you cannot figure out how you’ll survive these upcoming weeks (months?) - to be asked to help “save movie theaters” is like being asked to help save an industries that generate billions in profit. I do think the anger is misdirected, but I also see where it’s coming from.

Ruth wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 9:52 am
But you guys gotta understand where this anger stems from. It’s not a big FU to movie theaters and artists, it’s part of a much bigger systemic issue. It’s not really Nolan or other artists’ fault, of course it’s valid to be distressed about something you’re passionate about. A lot of us feel like a part of what’s important to us was taken away by these events.

But when you or your family are facing death due to inept healthcare system, or your minimum wage job is on the line, or you’ve already lost your job and you cannot figure out how you’ll survive these upcoming weeks (months?) - to be asked to help “save movie theaters” is like being asked to help save an industries that generate billions in profit. I do think the anger is misdirected, but I also see where it’s coming from.
There will always be trolls on social media, sure, but I see a very, very positive reaction. He writes about the social importance of cinemas, and he specifically* calls for the Congress (and studios) to remember the workers with low income in their potential plans for financial relief in the wake of shutdowns.

He is not asking people to help save an industrie that generate billions in profit - he makes the case for why this is "a vital part of social life, providing jobs for many and entertainment for all." I don't see why anyone would hate on that, but people are fuc*ing stupid so who knows.
Last edited by Robin on March 21st, 2020, 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.