TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Angus wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 10:42 pm
The world has gone way too insane over this coronavirus thing. :facepalm:

You have a 2% chance of getting it.
It is a little bit worse than a regular flu.

The biggest concerns are babies and people over 65 because of weaker immune systems, which are the same concerns for the regular flu.

Calm down, world. Eat some oranges and take a multivitamin.
No, you have this all wrong. Between 1 and 4% die from the Covid-19 virus, which is between 10 and 40 times worse than the flu. That's not "a little worse" than the flu. The flu generally has a 0.1% rate of death.

Eighty percent of people who get the virus will have flu-like symptoms and won't need any medical treatment they can't do at home. But nearly 20% will need to be hospitalized. And that's the big problem. And yes, some of those will die (mostly the elderly and immunosuppressed). But they expect up to 40% of the population in the world to get this strain eventually. That's ... massive. Take the population of your city. Now times that by .40 ... and now times that number by .20. That's a ton of hospital beds.

So do we need to panic? No. Is it "nothing" and you should eat an orange and take a multivitamin and you'll be fine? Also no. I think it makes sense that studios are worrying and moving their movies. I don't want to see it happen, but ... there ya go.

*source - My former sister-in-law is an epidemiologist with the CDC.

I'm going to have to apologize, guys. I did not realize how serious this has become. I was way off the mark two days ago. I can't believe all the information (and misinformation) flooding in right now. It's getting pretty scary.

If Tenet needs to be delayed, so be it. This movie is suddenly at the bottom of the list of things on my mind right now.

Interstellar (2014) was the last film to get an IMAX 70mm release in India and the theatre, Prasads IMAX, that showed it is not even an IMAX theatre anymore. It's funny that once that theatre housed world's second largest IMAX screen.

But we still have got a chance to bring IMAX 70mm releases back in India. Gujarat Science City not only houses huge Prasads-IMAX-like screen but also got an IMAX 15/70mm projector.

Please help us by signing this petition. 🙏

http://chng.it/yGCqzGY6

Share this petition as much as you can.

Let's come together and make this thing happen before TIME RUNS OUT.

CinemaCon is cancelled. No new Tenet footage description.

volozo wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 11:43 pm
Interstellar (2014) was the last film to get an IMAX 70mm release in India and the theatre, Prasads IMAX, that showed it is not even an IMAX theatre anymore. It's funny that once that theatre housed world's second largest IMAX screen.

But we still have got a chance to bring IMAX 70mm releases back in India. Gujarat Science City not only houses huge Prasads-IMAX-like screen but also got an IMAX 15/70mm projector.

Please help us by signing this petition. 🙏

http://chng.it/yGCqzGY6

Share this petition as much as you can.

Let's come together and make this thing happen before TIME RUNS OUT.
I read somewhere that imax called back their projectors taken on rent that's likely the reason why Prasads doesn't have the projector anymore. Kinda sad because when interstellar came out they screened it for five months because of tremendous demand (below are stats for one month).

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/141206/ ... reen-month

There are several theatres in India that have recently acquired laser imax projector but they won't draw crowds anywhere close to Prasads (none of them have 1.43:1 aspect ratio either which certainly doesn't help the case).

Not expecting much to happen this time around honestly :|

radewart wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 2:43 am
CinemaCon is cancelled. No new Tenet footage description.
They were 100% just going to screen the prologue again anyway.

damn, just thinking, if they are thinking about delaying the release then they may delay trailer 2 :shock: :cry:

I don't think delaying is bad.. I just think delaying half a year or more is not the thing to do..

filipeG wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 6:00 pm
I don't think delaying is bad.. I just think delaying half a year or more is not the thing to do..
You slot it in for a certain time frame where you think you can make the most money. If this is a tentpole summer release film, they won't be releasing it in October.

Much like how F&F9 is delayed until next year. They are finding the place they can best release it.

This is crazy, but we'll see where things go from here.

Forum Pro
There are more important issues in the world right now but Tenet comes out 4 months, any talk of the movie being delayed is very premature.