TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
The world has gone way too insane over this coronavirus thing. :facepalm:

You have a 2% chance of getting it.
It is a little bit worse than a regular flu.

The biggest concerns are babies and people over 65 because of weaker immune systems, which are the same concerns for the regular flu.

Calm down, world. Eat some oranges and take a multivitamin.
Last edited by Angus on March 10th, 2020, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angus wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 10:42 pm
The world has gonew way too insane over this coronavirus thing. :facepalm:

You have a 2% chance of getting it.
It is a little bit worse than a regular flu.

The biggest concerns are babies and people over 65 because of weaker immune systems, which are the same concerns for the regular flu.

Calm down, world. Eat some oranges and take a multivitamin.
great post

'Peter Rabbit 2' Pushed to August Over Coronavirus Fears (Exclusive)
With the coronavirus crisis continuing to escalate across Europe, Sony has decided to push the release of its Peter Rabbit sequel back by five months, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, making the film the second major studio release to be impacted by the epidemic after No Time to Die.

Tenet will be next

The real question is: it's better to moving it in fall or winter where the competition will be very strong or leave it in the summer to get hit by the virus...?
What do you guys think?

Even though it depends on the situation at that time, Mulan and Black Widow are still opening soon so WB will probably look at how they will do.

I mean even though this and NTTD are not exactly the same, Nolan is basically doing his version of Bond but with more creative freedom. I wonder if the general audience will notice and/or bother at all (besides the fact that this is not even measurable lol). But in a way, it's not bad for this film that NTTD has moved to November or am I taking crazy pills?

There's a big hole. It's good for this film that now there will be a bigger appetite for an adult blockbuster. Whether audiences realize this is influenced by Bond seems inconsequential. Rather, it's something they'll realize after they've seen it. As always, word of mouth will help this.

Nomis wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 1:16 pm
Even though it depends on the situation at that time, Mulan and Black Widow are still opening soon so WB will probably look at how they will do.

I mean even though this and NTTD are not exactly the same, Nolan is basically doing his version of Bond but with more creative freedom. I wonder if the general audience will notice and/or bother at all (besides the fact that this is not even measurable lol). But in a way, it's not bad for this film that NTTD has moved to November or am I taking crazy pills?
It’s actually good for Tenet but it might also be good for Bond. If the former ends up being really good or higher then it could give a bit of a push for spy films this year which ultimately benefits Bond in the long run perhaps. And if NTTD ends up meeting or exceeding expectations then the better it’s going to be I think.

So having Tenet and Bond that far away from each other is good. People won’t feel, assuming they would have, that there is “another spy film” while watching Tenet now and at the same time there is a bigger time frame gap between them so it might not hurt but instead help NTTD or people just won’t mind they are spy films.

Sky007 wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 2:00 pm
There's a big hole. It's good for this film that now there will be a bigger appetite for an adult blockbuster. Whether audiences realize this is influenced by Bond seems inconsequential. Rather, it's something they'll realize after they've seen it. As always, word of mouth will help this.
Agreed.

I feel bad for writing this but I don't think the world can afford to stop for 4 months. Not for the old and weak.. brutal but true. If the virus had a much, much higher death rate (like say Marburg or Ebola) we would have no choice. I bet most bans and restrictions will be over by summer, when the hysteria dies down (saturation in media) and economics and politics forces us to.

As previously noted, most viruses slow down with warmer weather so I think it's very unlikely that Tenet will move. It is more likely that COVID-19 comes "back with a vengeance" in the autumn, so I don't see why moving it will help much.

This is a new regular flu that's likely here to stay for the rest of the year and beyond. Hollywood will be catching themselves in a trap of moving their films over and over again indefinitely.

The Bond situation is embarrassing. It's going to lose so much money.