TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
antovolk wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 5:20 am
No Super Bowl, WB haven't done it in years (except BvS which was paid for by & a tie in for Turkish Airlines)

Also, whoever said this still from EW is an IMAX framegrab...is correct.

shiii

maybe if those lines are on it then we can see what that shot looks like in 2.20 and 2.40

Nomis wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 7:55 am
antovolk wrote:
No Super Bowl, WB haven't done it in years (except BvS which was paid for by & a tie in for Turkish Airlines)

shiii

maybe if those lines are on it then we can see what that shot looks like in 2.20 and 2.40
ask and ye shall receive

So I was right after all 8-)
Too IMAXy to be a set pic.

Forum Pro
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 6:22 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 4:50 am
They could have an NFL-themed Tenet ad, like Tom Brady inflating a ball or something.
... anyone?
I’d like to see it actually
The Special One wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 5:21 pm
Joshua Strong wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 4:50 pm

I’m curious to see how it’s marketed to black audiences. I don’t expect Nolan to pop on BET like Tarantino (and get really comfortable) but as a black person I always pay attention to how things are marketed to us, compared to the general public. This is new ground for Nolan.
That would be funny if he was on BET, I can certainly see JDW on BET making the rounds
what’s BET?
BET is an (terrible) American television station that’s operated and aimed at black audiences. I think it’s a very problematic station because it’s very one note in its representation of the black experiences and it’s very close minded in regarded to representation but that’s a whole other conversation. I believe it’s still black owned but I have to do some research.

I say BET because it’s the black station but I mean black/urban media outlets in general. Things like Complex, Desus and Mero/Bodega Boys, press outlets like The Undefeated, The Root and Blavity and even shows like ESPN’s First Take and Get Up just to name a few.

Nice, antovolk!

Is it such a crazy idea to think there will be a Superbowl ad? The film really has to gain some worldwide momentum in order to make the money WB wants to get with TENET.

A Superbowl ad would certainly not be out of place with that $200+ million budget...

Willem wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 10:20 am
Is it such a crazy idea to think there will be a Superbowl ad? The film really has to gain some worldwide momentum in order to make the money WB wants to get with TENET.

A Superbowl ad would certainly not be out of place with that $200+ million budget...
For WB, yes. Last time they did one was Batman Begins...

Oku
antovolk wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 8:57 am
Nomis wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 7:55 am
antovolk wrote:

shiii

ask and ye shall receive
Captain Obvious here, but hot damn is the IMAX ratio so expansive and just awesome.

Willem wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 10:20 am

Superbowl ads for a movie that is coming out in a few weeks or next month makes sense. Spending that kind of cash for a movie that comes out in in six months isn't a good buy. WB could buy 18-20 30-second nationwide ads during the hottest shows on TV for the cost of one 30 second spot during the Superbowl. If they were rolling out a new something-or-another that would get lots of talk it might make sense, but that's highly unlikely.

:gonf: