TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nadatotem wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 7:38 pm
In the trailer @1:52 , is that supposed to be the same person @1:54 (Pattinson)? If so, his hair changes.
yeah that is strange

El Especial wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 8:50 pm
Nadatotem wrote:
In the trailer @1:52 , is that supposed to be the same person @1:54 (Pattinson)? If so, his hair changes.
yeah that is strange
Do you think that could simply be a mistake? Or intentional?

possibly a mistake

speedy117 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:05 pm
El Especial wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 8:50 pm
Nadatotem wrote:
yeah that is strange
Do you think that could simply be a mistake? Or intentional?
Maybe he brushes his hair back with his hands in the cut part of the scene that we haven't seen yet

Nadatotem wrote:
Wow you're over analyzing things. One shot is from the side and one is head on. There is absolutely no issue with it. Side profile and head on are two completely different perspectives. You're essentially saying a person's hair doesn't look the same from the side as it does in the front. No shit.

gropercity wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 6:22 am
Nadatotem wrote:
Wow you're over analyzing things. One shot is from the side and one is head on. There is absolutely no issue with it. Side profile and head on are two completely different perspectives. You're essentially saying a person's hair doesn't look the same from the side as it does in the front. No shit.
I’m not OP but in this case it’s not a matter of perspective, his hair quite literally does change. Though, I don’t think it means anything.

Hi all Nolan fans, this is my first post but I've been reading the forum since the shooting began. Like most of you I can't wait for the movie and it's so nice to read all your theories, speculations etc.

I wanted to share some of my thoughts. I'm gonna make it as a spoiler just in case.
In this post (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=41983&p=1214414&hi ... n#p1214414) William Blake mentioned that maybe the movie will deal with Indian philosophies of time.
When you google Indian philosophies of time you'll find this website http://www.vkmaheshwari.com/WP/?p=2507
I don't wanna summarize it, it's better if you just read it. There are some concepts that maybe were inspiration to the movie. You'll find words like twilight there, multiple time lines, flood (someone mentioned that maybe water can play some part in the movie), time perception. Also this seems interesting:
"Vatsyayana says that sometimes the present is perceived as unmixed with the past and the future, for instance, when we perceive that a substance exists. And sometimes the present is perceived as mixed up with the past and the future, for instance, when we perceive the continuity of an action, e.g. cooking, cutting, etc. Thus Vatsyayana admits that the present is sometimes perceived as having a certain duration."
Maybe that's why JDW somehow 'feels/sees' the bullet in the prologue or bullet holes in the trailer.
Dimple Kapadia is an Indian and in the trailer JDW meets with her and she tells him about time, feeling it etc. In the set photos we could see that they met a few times. Maybe she's some kind of a guide for him, maybe she just knows the Indian philosophy stuff etc.

Also, I'm probably seeing too much here ;) but did you notice that when they're in the van in the prologue, when JDW wakes up, it starts to rain, you can clearly see it on the windscreen. Probably a total coincidence or maybe just a good visual, but maybe something to do with water (probably not :))
There, I'm curious what you think about that, especially the article from the website.

speedy117 wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 8:25 am
gropercity wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 6:22 am
Nadatotem wrote:
I’m not OP but in this case it’s not a matter of perspective, his hair quite literally does change. Though, I don’t think it means anything.
I believe everything is intentional. The perspective changes, his position changes, and his hair does literally change. That's not a matter of brushing your hair aside. It wouldn't go from "Ken Doll" perfect to messy. But I admit...maybe nitpicking...but also maybe it's a time travel/alternate reality situation. Something to ponder.