TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
rotas wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 7:25 pm
Ruth wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 2:49 pm
Hey you guys I just got off the phone with some random Hollywood writer whose name I don’t remember, but we’re totally friends. Anyway he celebrated new year’s eve with Robert Pattinson at his home, and the writer told Robert about me and we ended up having a Skype video call because he was so eager to meet me so he could spill all the juicy details of the film. Everything you read on reddit is wrong. Also, most information on this forum is also wrong, Pattinson said he reads this forum daily. Basically, the movie is about a gay love gone wrong. Pattinson and Washington’s characters are ex lovers who are racing to get hold of the time manipulation tech so that they could rewind time back to the day they first met. Something very tragic happens and the lead character is very depressed about his lost love. To make the film more serious, Nolan added some terrorists to the background plot to make things seem harder. Also the backwards cars are clever metaphysical subtle hints. They symbolize the heartache we all feel of wanting to go back in time when we accidentally swipe left on tinder but we can’t undo that action because we don’t have tinder premium. Notice how the two words “tinder” and “tenet” both begin with a letter T? And if you take the e out of tinder, both have the same number of letters.
Sorry, I don't believe that. There's absolutely no way Pattinson would breach an NDA for a fan.
He's joking

speedy117 wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 7:26 pm
rotas wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Hey you guys I just got off the phone with some random Hollywood writer whose name I don’t remember, but we’re totally friends. Anyway he celebrated new year’s eve with Robert Pattinson at his home, and the writer told Robert about me and we ended up having a Skype video call because he was so eager to meet me so he could spill all the juicy details of the film. Everything you read on reddit is wrong. Also, most information on this forum is also wrong, Pattinson said he reads this forum daily. Basically, the movie is about a gay love gone wrong. Pattinson and Washington’s characters are ex lovers who are racing to get hold of the time manipulation tech so that they could rewind time back to the day they first met. Something very tragic happens and the lead character is very depressed about his lost love. To make the film more serious, Nolan added some terrorists to the background plot to make things seem harder. Also the backwards cars are clever metaphysical subtle hints. They symbolize the heartache we all feel of wanting to go back in time when we accidentally swipe left on tinder but we can’t undo that action because we don’t have tinder premium. Notice how the two words “tinder” and “tenet” both begin with a letter T? And if you take the e out of tinder, both have the same number of letters.
Sorry, I don't believe that. There's absolutely no way Pattinson would breach an NDA for a fan.
He's joking
Wait
Really? couldn't tell

Could anyone shed some light on the best IMAX theaters? I'm potentially willing to travel more than I have in the past to see this, and just turn it into a little vacation. I see Australia has the biggest screen in the world, but that one might be out of the question for me. But more importantly than just the screen size, I'm also asking in terms of sound and other amenities like seating and such. For example, I saw Dunkirk in Indianapolis at the Indiana State Museum, which had a great screen and everything but being a museum the seating and everything was pretty run down. I saw Interstellar at the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan but they've since converted to digital.

Also, as a side question, how hard would it be to get tickets to a premiere at the likes of the BFI IMAX in London or in LA (or wherever Nolan would be in attendance)?

USA - Lincoln Square NY, Universal Citywalk LA (though I always hear about seating being bad), AMC Metreon SF
Canada - Cinesphere (if they’re screening it)
UK/Europe - BFI IMAX London, no question.

Like for Dunkirk, the BFI Southbank (not imax) may do a 70mm preview with a Nolan intro as part of the London premiere, so be on the lookout for that.

rotas wrote:
Ruth wrote:
well that’s the thing sweety i’m not a fan

oh yeah. ruth is waaaaaayyyyyyyy more than a fan lol.

Does it really even matter if it's not 70mm film? I've never been to an IMAX theater, but digital or laser with the correct aspect ratio and screen size doesn't sound too bad.

antovolk wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 8:15 pm
USA - Lincoln Square NY, Universal Citywalk LA (though I always hear about seating being bad), AMC Metreon SF
Canada - Cinesphere (if they’re screening it)
UK/Europe - BFI IMAX London, no question.

Like for Dunkirk, the BFI Southbank (not imax) may do a 70mm preview with a Nolan intro as part of the London premiere, so be on the lookout for that.
Perfect, thank you! :gonf:

Ruth wrote:
LMAOOOOOO!!! I especially love this line, "I just got off the phone with some random Hollywood writer whose name I don’t remember, but we’re totally friends."