TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
The Special One wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 12:53 am
tonymanero wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 8:42 pm
Anyone seen this on reddit???:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tenet/comments ... vel_heres/

"...A quora poster wrote this:

Lance Klusenar, former Screenwriter at William Morris Endeavor

I know someone who read the early draft of the script for this movie.

The summary is basically, someone/organization is trying to bury the truth about unexplained murders of politicians. That’s what we see in the teaser trailer. John David Washington stumbles upon a crime scene just when it is about to be erased. The bullet holes through a glass panel are about to disappear when he inspects them.

From there he goes to various spies from different continents/countries trying to find clues and secrets about the people who are assassinating these politicians without any trace. Ultimately its involves some sort of time manipulation and reverse time loops which he overcomes to uncover the truth and expose the truth before civil unrest settles in..."

Interesting, huh?!? ;)
Interesting, yes but it was pretty much debunked a few days ago.
How was it debunked?

Plus I don't think there's such thing as an "early draft of the script" for a Nolan-original.

Hey you guys I just got off the phone with some random Hollywood writer whose name I don’t remember, but we’re totally friends. Anyway he celebrated new year’s eve with Robert Pattinson at his home, and the writer told Robert about me and we ended up having a Skype video call because he was so eager to meet me so he could spill all the juicy details of the film. Everything you read on reddit is wrong. Also, most information on this forum is also wrong, Pattinson said he reads this forum daily. Basically, the movie is about a gay love gone wrong. Pattinson and Washington’s characters are ex lovers who are racing to get hold of the time manipulation tech so that they could rewind time back to the day they first met. Something very tragic happens and the lead character is very depressed about his lost love. To make the film more serious, Nolan added some terrorists to the background plot to make things seem harder. Also the backwards cars are clever metaphysical subtle hints. They symbolize the heartache we all feel of wanting to go back in time when we accidentally swipe left on tinder but we can’t undo that action because we don’t have tinder premium. Notice how the two words “tinder” and “tenet” both begin with a letter T? And if you take the e out of tinder, both have the same number of letters.

...I believe it. Ruth has a reliable track record for leaked information. Plus, her specificity makes it plausible.

I've been doing some research. So in the trailer, we see a guy with the gas mask sitting in an Audi. A lot of people have been speculating you need the gas mask when moving backwards in time (this may only apply for prolonged periods of time). We see JDW and Pattinson in the BMW, and they seem to be driving forwards in time since the cars are moving forward. The Audi, however, is moving backwards in time. There is also a white car that seems to be driving backwards in time. In this white car may have been JDW's allies or someone trying to stop the bad guys. We then see the white car crash, which I believe is from TWO perspectives. One from the Audi driver who caused the car to crash, and the car crashes normally. The other is from JDW and Pattinsons POV, and they see the car crash in reverse. So we see the crash from TWO perspectives. What does this mean? This may mean that we see this event happen two different times during the movie. It doesn't make sense to show the car crash forwards and backwards back to back. This can also support the theory that this movie is a palindrome. First half of the movie we see the car crash in reverse, then the second half of the movie we see it happen in real time.
And if you guys have seen the prologue, you'll know that Branagh (who has the gas mask on) and Debicki's character is in the back of the Audi (I think?)
What do you guys think?

Ruth wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 2:49 pm
Hey you guys I just got off the phone with some random Hollywood writer whose name I don’t remember, but we’re totally friends. Anyway he celebrated new year’s eve with Robert Pattinson at his home, and the writer told Robert about me and we ended up having a Skype video call because he was so eager to meet me so he could spill all the juicy details of the film. Everything you read on reddit is wrong. Also, most information on this forum is also wrong, Pattinson said he reads this forum daily. Basically, the movie is about a gay love gone wrong. Pattinson and Washington’s characters are ex lovers who are racing to get hold of the time manipulation tech so that they could rewind time back to the day they first met. Something very tragic happens and the lead character is very depressed about his lost love. To make the film more serious, Nolan added some terrorists to the background plot to make things seem harder. Also the backwards cars are clever metaphysical subtle hints. They symbolize the heartache we all feel of wanting to go back in time when we accidentally swipe left on tinder but we can’t undo that action because we don’t have tinder premium. Notice how the two words “tinder” and “tenet” both begin with a letter T? And if you take the e out of tinder, both have the same number of letters.
That's probably it.Maybe even a triangle with ,,Branagh'' interfere between them(even willing to start WWIII), trying to change ,,Pattinson'' heart by presenting him with a 6.4 tall Goddess who nobody can't refuse, so he can have ,,JDW'' for himself.

yay

Ruth wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 2:49 pm
Sorry, I don't believe that. There's absolutely no way Pattinson would breach an NDA for a fan.