TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
rotas wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:48 am
Additionally, I just wanted to say that I'm so glad I found this forum last month. Y'all have awesome theories and we've had some great discussions and I like how we debate and give criticism which leads to further discussion and speculation...on the flip side, whenever I go on reddit, I notice that a lot (not all) of the r/tenet page is a bunch of clutter and everyone seems to be overly opinionated and closeminded towards an unreleased movie that is a massive secret lol :gonf:
:gonf:
quervo wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm
pk12 wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:09 pm
I think there will be a very specific reason why one room is lit up in a red light while other in a blue light...as seen in the latest movie still.
It seems to be the same window we saw in the trailer next to the rotating thing (around 1:06). And I found another red/blue connection: in the end (of the trailer) on JDW's side we can se a straight blue line, while on Pattinson's side there is something red on the floor, maybe a big '1'.
where? you mean the last scene in the trailer, where JDW says "it hasn't happened yet"? I don't see it
Last edited by Ruth on January 3rd, 2020, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stop double posting

El Especial wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 5:34 pm
quervo wrote:
pk12 wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:09 pm
I think there will be a very specific reason why one room is lit up in a red light while other in a blue light...as seen in the latest movie still.
It seems to be the same window we saw in the trailer next to the rotating thing (around 1:06). And I found another red/blue connection: in the end (of the trailer) on JDW's side we can se a straight blue line, while on Pattinson's side there is something red on the floor, maybe a big '1'.
where? you mean the last scene in the trailer, where JDW says "it hasn't happened yet"? I don't see it
Yep, there they are:

quervo wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 6:06 pm
El Especial wrote:
quervo wrote:

Yep, there they are:
Holy shit bro, how do you even notice something like that? What do you think it's significance is? Parallel dimension? or what?

quervo wrote:
El Especial wrote:
quervo wrote:

Yep, there they are:
Holy crap! thanks This trailer is like one big puzzle

speedy117 wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 6:07 pm
quervo wrote:
El Especial wrote:

Yep, there they are:
Holy shit bro, how do you even notice something like that? What do you think it's significance is? Parallel dimension? or what?
I have no life. :D It's a very interesting scene, at this point I have no idea, what is the deal. Maybe time manipulation is only one of the many technological stuffs we're about to witness.

someone on Reddit:
Also, if you observe carefully in the trailer, when he's in the car with Pattinson, he has a yellow-orange case in his hand just before bumping which turns into a hexagonal grey equipment when he flinches before the flipping of the car.
can any of you see this?

JDW seems to be the Ariadne of this story. Aside from that cowboy shot of him in the van, there seem to be a lot of wide-eyed/ “whoa is this really happening?”, audience like reactions to the world around him . He may be featured more and on the surface seem like the main character to ground the audience in the plot of the film, but the Pattinson character will prove to have the strong effect. It seems like Nolan is experimenting with how to hook and weave a character through the story in a new way. Given to how he is introduced in the prologue ( off camera growling with a raspy voice “not our mission” , then nonchalantly putting on his raid gear tailing behind the others ) and appearing mercurial in a lot of the shots in the teaser where we either see him as a reflection or behind a glass. I noticed the shot where they jump into the building his clothes sort of give off a clockwork orange vibe and then when they’re investigating the bullet cracks in the glass he seems like a matrix agent. A lot of interesting things being mixed into his character . These details could either lead to something deeper or simply be there to engage the viewers imagination. :eh: the music at the end of the prologue definitely had a bond meets hitchcock type of vibe. The look of the film reminds me of dark knight rises and a bit of the dark knight. Was surprised nobody mentioned how when that red-hood/bane like mercenary runs into the concert hall, the woman laying on the floor is framed in a specifically erotic way.

El Especial wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:24 pm
someone on Reddit:
Also, if you observe carefully in the trailer, when he's in the car with Pattinson, he has a yellow-orange case in his hand just before bumping which turns into a hexagonal grey equipment when he flinches before the flipping of the car.
can any of you see this?
I'm not sure what we have to see.
I think those two shots are not that close to each other in the movie, so the thing he holds when the car crashes could have been in the orange box before. Even his reaction isn't related to the crashing car in my opinion, because as we can see in the previous shot the reversing Saab is always ahead of the BMW, and JDW is reacting to something which is next to/behind them.

Holy duck guys!You all just ruin the movie for yourself. Is one thing to make a little bit of speculations after the 1st trailer but to overanalyzing every single frame and photo is just madness.You will probably do the same with the next trailers or tv spots, so what's the point in watching the film(especially one like this)? The technical stuff and set pieces i guess. Sometimes obsession can ruin something special.
No wonder that Nolan got so secretive over the years.
Huge respect for those who will go blind into this movie. :clap: :thumbup:

quervo wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 6:23 pm
speedy117 wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 6:07 pm
quervo wrote:

Yep, there they are:
I have no life. :D It's a very interesting scene, at this point I have no idea, what is the deal. Maybe time manipulation is only one of the many technological stuffs we're about to witness.
Also one more small details, not that important :D but it took me a while to realize why that smoke acts so weird in that scene, like standing still...and I think it’s because the smoke is trapped between those glass panels with bulletholes creating a nice visual effect.