TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Follower wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:42 pm

I have been following Tenet for quite some time so I know what Nolan meant when he said it's his most ambitious. My comment never implied that I expect Tenet to surpass Inception ( which it may even do, who knows ), but that's not the point. The point of my post was that it's amazing how Nolan is giving us back to back original films in such a short amount of time - it's like he has so many ideas and wants to film them in a large scale as long as he is able to do. I don't care if Tenet surpasses Inception or not I am just happy that I will be seeing a new original film by Nolan in just 6 months - of course expectations are high - because IT IS Nolan but comparison with previous work when critiquing a new movie when it comes out is inevitable but most of the times dumb and stupid.
I remember he also said that it’s one of his desires to make big films because as a kid he was so amazed with star wars or close encounters of the third kind great scope that it makes him want to do the same thing for other people so that they feel the way he did. And like i said, he probably had the idea for quite a while sitting somewhere at his home or he got the inspiration from interstellar and then he added more ideas to the concept of Tenet, etc. But you’re right, it’s really amazing what he does.

Ace
‘Tenet - The Making of book’ is up for pre order on Amazon.uk.
Discover the secrets of Christopher Nolan's Tenet with this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at 2020's most anticipated film.

In 2020, director Christopher Nolan returns with Tenet, an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage. This deluxe book takes fans through the full creative journey that brought Tenet to the screen, from the genesis of Nolan's uniquely imaginative script to the cutting-edge techniques used to realize the film's innovative action sequences. Featuring exclusive interviews with the director and his crew, including producer Emma Thomas and production designer Nathan Crowley, The Making of Tenet is a can't-miss companion to Nolan's thrilling new masterpiece.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Tenet- ... 530&sr=8-1

The author is James Mottram, who did the making of book for Dunkirk.

Ace wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 10:22 pm
Discover the secrets of Christopher Nolan's Tenet with this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at 2020's most anticipated film.

In 2020, director Christopher Nolan returns with Tenet, an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage. This deluxe book takes fans through the full creative journey that brought Tenet to the screen, from the genesis of Nolan's uniquely imaginative script to the cutting-edge techniques used to realize the film's innovative action sequences. Featuring exclusive interviews with the director and his crew, including producer Emma Thomas and production designer Nathan Crowley, The Making of Tenet is a can't-miss companion to Nolan's thrilling new masterpiece.

"Thrilling new Masterpiece" Masterpiece Confirmed! Lol

Ace wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 10:22 pm

:gonf:

I was glad that Dunkirk`s special features where as long as they where, and i wouldn't mind if for Tenet they where even a bit longer, although my true wish would be to have a making off more akin to the one for Fincher`s "The girl with the dragon tattoo", it was an incredible mix of interviews and voice overs, and pure set footage with audio, so candid, if you haven't watched it its on youtube still, i think, its my favorite making off, because it really feels like being a fly on the wall of a Fincher set, i wish we got more of that with Nolan`s films, i want to see how he talks to an actor, to a set designer, to his DP, candidly, we get really high quality stuff but it feels a bit detached from the production a little bit, its like the crew members are reminiscing the shoot, and telling you about it, with b roll, with again is great, but i think a more candid aproach would be amazing !.

Maximillian wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 10:29 pm

"Thrilling new Masterpiece" Masterpiece Confirmed! Lol
How is this announced so early? Excuse my ignorance. And also, it seems really good for some of you that this guy says something like that but why? I’m not familiar with this.

I wonder if this Mottram dude seen the rough cut of the film already. :P :shifty:

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 12:06 am
i wish we got more of that with Nolan`s films, i want to see how he talks to an actor, to a set designer, to his DP, candidly, we get really high quality stuff but it feels a bit detached from the production a little bit, its like the crew members are reminiscing the shoot, and telling you about it, with b roll, with again is great, but i think a more candid aproach would be amazing !.
Nolan might quite simply not want that level of intrusion on the set. And I can totally see why. Be happy that we get what we do. The director absolutely has influence into what special features/bts stuff will be produced but it also comes down to budget. The reason there is next to nothing on the Gone Girl blu ray is because the studio wouldn't foot the bill for an extensive making of.

tim_p wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 12:42 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 12:06 am
i wish we got more of that with Nolan`s films, i want to see how he talks to an actor, to a set designer, to his DP, candidly, we get really high quality stuff but it feels a bit detached from the production a little bit, its like the crew members are reminiscing the shoot, and telling you about it, with b roll, with again is great, but i think a more candid aproach would be amazing !.
Nolan might quite simply not want that level of intrusion on the set. And I can totally see why. Be happy that we get what we do. The director absolutely has influence into what special features/bts stuff will be produced but it also comes down to budget. The reason there is next to nothing on the Gone Girl blu ray is because the studio wouldn't foot the bill for an extensive making of.
I guess you are right, but i didn't think TGWDT had an "intrusive" behind the scenes crew, it was all very observational, not getting in the way off the set, i still think its quite possible.

Tenet ̶I̶n̶c̶e̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶2̶: Dream Boogaloo