TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Pratham wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 2:32 am
Pknolan wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 12:52 am
There's no way it's an Inception sequel. If it is, I will eat my shoe.
leather or canvas?
I think that he let us to choose :)

Pratham wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 2:32 am
Pknolan wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 12:52 am
There's no way it's an Inception sequel. If it is, I will eat my shoe.
leather or canvas?
Canvas.

If Nolan was going to do a sequel to one of his films, it wouldn't be Inception IMO. Most likely it would be Interstellar. I don't think he will ever make a sequel to any of them. But Interstellar lends itself to additional stories, than Inception.

misho92 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 6:49 am
If Nolan was going to do a sequel to one of his films, it wouldn't be Inception IMO. Most likely it would be Interstellar. I don't think he will ever make a sequel to any of them. But Interstellar lends itself to additional stories, than Inception.
I very much disagree to this. To me, Inception's world building and mythology is much bigger and more discoverable (?) than Interstellar.

Not saying I want it, because I don't, but Inception definitely has a lot more to take from imo.

So to summarize, the reason some people here think this is an Inception sequel are:

1. Nolan is secretive
2. 10th anniversary
3. The Estonian male extras are being asked to wear suit jackets

Well, I'm convinced. Totally bulletproof.

Sanchez wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 6:58 am
misho92 wrote:
I very much disagree to this. To me, Inception's world building and mythology is much bigger and more discoverable (?) than Interstellar.

Not saying I want it, because I don't, but Inception definitely has a lot more to take from imo.
Yeah but Interstellar ended with Cooper on a ship going to find Brand on a stranded planet. There's actually a story there worth telling. Inception's story ended. We like to pretend it didn't, but it did. Dom reconciled with his kids and lived happily ever after. Now whether it's a dream or not is left for us to think about. But Dom got what he wanted.

When was he ever not secretive tho? People are dressed casually for most of Inception and if the suit jackets are that important to the story - as in “projections in uniform, wouldn’t they just dress the extras themselves?

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 2:42 am
Doesn't WB own the Inception IP...which means they get somebody else to do it like Villeneuve did for Blade Runner 2049 or Chris Nolan steps in and does it himself. And you know the studio probably wants to make a sequel or spin-off to a massively successful first entry, but at the same time wants to keep Nolan happy and don't want to cross him. It's probably only a matter of time either way even if Nolan's new project is not related to Inception.
Excellent points here.

Insomniac wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 7:06 am
So to summarize, the reason some people here think this is an Inception sequel are:

1. Nolan is secretive
2. 10th anniversary
3. The Estonian male extras are being asked to wear suit jackets

Well, I'm convinced. Totally bulletproof.
My comments regarding the extras were mostly for fun, kind of wanted to throw the idea out there, but I don't honestly think this is an Inception-sequel. I did, however, had some suspicion in the past that it could end up being a sequel to Inception, even if my only major argument against that is that it would be so, so unlike Chris Nolan. I just don't see him doing a sequel 10 years later to one of his most iconic blockbusters. It doesn't feel like a Nolan move.

misho92 wrote:
How could it be a sequel to "Interstellar" if Paramount isn't a part of it?