TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
He's not making Inception 2 without Leo. The end.

Silfan wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 8:08 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 7:05 am
Annoying speculation that even I don't think is true, but I'll just throw it in:

A big number, maybe hundreds of uniformly dressed people... and they're looking elegant, suits and dresses. Are these projections in someone's subconscious? :oops:
this.

hundreds of extras in a place like estonia remaindes of me that riot in the opening of inception.
nice

Let's just assume it is an Inception sequel/prequel/spin-off/whatever:

From a marketing perspective it makes perfect sense. It was a massive success not only in theaters, people still talk about- and discuss it everywhere, is in a huge amount of top lists...

short: It became an instant classic and is definitely one of the most popular films in the 21st Century.
July 2020 would be the 10th anniversary.

Here is my guess: Nolan of course had an idea for a sequel/prequel/spin-off/whatever pretty early on and maybe even pitched it to the studio at the same time he pitched Inception. The studio now obviously would greenlight the project instantly and would give Nolan all the money he wants.
Nolan being Nolan is a bit hesistant about the idea but "sits in front of an empty page" (quote from Hans Zimmer about a conversation with Nolan in late 2018).
He goes back to his sequel/prequel/spin-off/whatever ideas, finishes the script and makes a "If you do another Inception we will give you more carte blanche than before" deal with Warner Bros.. Kind of like "If you do a third Batman soon, we will give you 250mio for your original film about dreams and market it for 100mio"

Pro: all of the above and the fact

Con: - actually not Nolan's style
- comparatively short time for shooting and editing
- no real A-listers at the moment
- current locations wouldn't up the scale to Inception

With the last two points I'm not sure because they aren't really necessary if the marketing succeeds to make clear that this new film has something to do with Inception.

Don't forget prequel/universal spin-off, unless "sequel" is just semantics for anything Inception-related.

I personally don't want anything at all ever to take place in the universe of Inception again. It's practically sacred ground and half of what makes it so special is how original it is in a world of sequels/spin-offs/reboots. Just make a new idea cause you're one of the few people able to, Nolan.

Bacon wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 5:08 pm
I personally don't want anything at all ever to take place in the universe of Inception again. It's practically sacred ground and half of what makes it so special is how original it is in a world of sequels/spin-offs/reboots. Just make a new idea cause you're one of the few people able to, Nolan.
Exactly. I don't think it'll have any connection to Inception. But man, it seems like Nolan is going BIG.

By the way, the biggest movies that has been shot in Tallinn, Estonia are Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker and Lukas Moodysson's Lilya 4-ever. This is probably the first time a major Hollywood film has shot there. Let's face it, Nolan is having to save money on this film. WB doesn't trust him anymore. Sad!

Bacon wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 5:08 pm
And highly likely also the only one to make an Inception sequel and it being another masterpiece lol

wow

Insomniac wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 5:48 pm
By the way, the biggest movies that has been shot in Tallinn, Estonia are Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker and Lukas Moodysson's Lilya 4-ever. This is probably the first time a major Hollywood film has shot there. Let's face it, Nolan is having to save money on this film. WB doesn't trust him anymore. Sad!
Nolan`s never been one to choose a location for any reason other than it being demanded by the plot of the film, saving money seems like an over pessimistic/speculative claim to me, let alone saying that WB doesn't trust Chris anymore, that made me chuckle, what are you on about mate ?