TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Angus wrote:
February 25th, 2019, 3:40 pm
My money is definitely on this week, Friday at the latest.
Have fun losing your money.

Dobson wrote:
February 25th, 2019, 10:09 am
That's literally commercial suicide.
Unless the film had a really small production budget perhaps.
And phenomenal word of mouth after people start watching it. The surprise release strategy is an epic failure if you put out a crap movie with lousy WOM. :lol:

It’s an interesting concept that I wish was feasible. The film has to be extremely good but with a small enough budget. A big name in Hollywood would help. Even if the film is released in two stages.

Anyhow, the wait is killing me. Why is Nolan like this?

No it’s different, we’re Nolan fans because he is like this.

Well, I’m not sure if I like this about him lol
The anticipation and secrecy is both painful and fun tho!

Oku
I'm excited in a general sort of way, but until I know the genre and general premise, I'm not Dunkirk-level excited.

Besides, there's just sooo much good content to watch these days that it makes the wait that much easier. :D

One wonders why all the secrecy...
If it’s an original story, doesn’t seem to hurt to get the idea out there in the world. We’d never realize what Dunkirk would end up like just from the announcement. It’s history, nothing to spoil
That’s why I still think this might be an IP, being kept behind lock and key.

Willem wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 4:09 am
No it’s different, we’re Nolan fans because he is like this.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 4:37 am
Well, I’m not sure if I like this about him lol
The anticipation and secrecy is both painful and fun tho!
Yup, I get what you're saying. But I think the long wait is what makes his films special because the secrecy basically raises anticipation. Just bits and pieces of information until the film releases, with almost no spoilers!

Nolan is one of the very few filmmakers that uses this method nowadays (at least at this blockbuster movie scale).

Any minute now..

Willem wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 1:42 pm
Yup, I get what you're saying. But I think the long wait is what makes his films special because the secrecy basically raises anticipation. Just bits and pieces of information until the film releases, with almost no spoilers!

Nolan is one of the very few filmmakers that uses this method nowadays (at least at this blockbuster movie scale).
True. Although he did allow footage from the third act of Dunkirk in the main trailer which spoiled a very important moment in the film (a couple other moments for eagle eyed fans). Plus, the TV spots.

We're lucky the film is coming so soon. I honestly don't know how he manages. Photography hasn't started yet. So that would get him a year/less than a year in post. If that's the case, I wonder how long has he been working on this film (pre-production)?