Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Tarssauce wrote:
March 9th, 2021, 1:31 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
March 9th, 2021, 12:28 pm
Hey guys! I'm making a Tenet playlist on my phone and want to make sure I get the track order correct. Can someone tell me where the two bonus tracks should go if I want the songs to play in the order they appear in the film? I know FAST CARS goes right after TRUCKS IN PLACE. Does TURNSTILE go after THE ALGORITHM?
TURNSTILE first then THE ALGORITHM

Actually, THE ALGORITHM’s first half plays before SATOR and a variation of it plays right before TURNSTILE but I think the second half of the track plays better with POSTERITY playing after it.
Gotcha! Thank you!

KEM
They robbed him, what a joke

Ludwig did an amazing job but honestly I hope Zimmer returns. No duo is as synergistic and innovative as Nolan & Zimmer. They're simply unparalleled.

321Music wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 8:08 am
Ludwig did an amazing job but honestly I hope Zimmer returns. No duo is as synergistic and innovative as Nolan & Zimmer. They're simply unparalleled.
No. Hans Zimmer is on his Villeneuve arc.

Pr0creation wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 6:30 pm
321Music wrote:
No. Hans Zimmer is on his Villeneuve arc.
He's doing Dune (which looks very promising btw) but I doubt he'd prefer staying with Denis over continuing his journey with Chris. Reading The Nolan Variations & listening to podcast interviews for both Hans & Chris shows just how much of a dynamic collaboration they have. Also there's nothing wrong with him scoring for both directors in the future, Hans has always been super busy he can pull it off.

KEM
321Music wrote:
Ludwig is the future of film scores, Zimmer is a legend but this is Ludwig’s industry now, and he is perfect for Nolan

still bummed that Ludwig didn't bag that Oscar nom

KEM wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 12:17 am
321Music wrote:
Ludwig is the future of film scores, Zimmer is a legend but this is Ludwig’s industry now, and he is perfect for Nolan
I love Ludwig & I'm looking forward to what he does next, but this isn't "his industry" lol. There are many huge composers now & Zimmer isn't done dominating yet.
Also there isn't a more perfect composer for Nolan than Hans. Both are minimalists with a maximalist production sense (The Nolan Variations), they're constantly innovating, reinventing, and they have a unique psychological depth to their work that matches the intensity. Ludwig, on the other hand, has more creative synergy with Ryan Coogler, their styles fit better & they can elevate each other's work into new heights.

The Nolan-Zimmer duo is iconic.
"If you're making a film, there is no greater creative ally than Hans." -Christopher Nolan

im honestly more pumped for the idea of Ludwig being Nolan`s new ally, sort of like Hoyte, and i hope Lame continues too, Ludwig`s contributions feel so fresh, they bring a new color to the Nolan formula, i also feel that the fact that Dunkirk`s soundtrack wasnt made solely by Hans like interstellar shows that he isnt that much into his work relationship with Chris, and i confess i was fearing their super long relationship might spawn some sort of artistic complacency

Nicolaslabra wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 10:06 pm
im honestly more pumped for the idea of Ludwig being Nolan`s new ally, sort of like Hoyte, and i hope Lame continues too, Ludwig`s contributions feel so fresh, they bring a new color to the Nolan formula, i also feel that the fact that Dunkirk`s soundtrack wasnt made solely by Hans like interstellar shows that he isnt that much into his work relationship with Chris, and i confess i was fearing their super long relationship might spawn some sort of artistic complacency
Agreed with all points. It may not be that his relationship with Chris has soured, he does stretch himself too thin. In 2017 he had co-composers on both Dunkirk and Blade Runner, as well as touring. I think Gorranson should be Nolan's new guy.