How much did you spend to see Dunkirk?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3567
Joined: May 2012
cesar1st wrote:
okungnyo wrote:How so cheap?? :shock:
Here in Indonesia cinema ticket prices are so cheap.
Lucky you!

User avatar
Posts: 1407
Joined: July 2012
390,- NOK so far

User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: December 2009
Location: Valencia, CA
6 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for July 20, 2017 = $157.50
2 IMAX 70mm Dome Tickets at Science Center of Iowa, Des Moines = $30.00
3 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for July 29, 2017 = $86.25
1 copy of Dunkirk's Original Soundtrack - CD = $13.10
1 copy of Dunkirk's Screenplay - Hardcopy = $16.46
1 IMAX Laser Ticket at TCL Chinese for August 8, 2017 = $23.75
3 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for August 12, 2017 = $86.25

TOTAL = $412.56

I feel WB could honor me a free copy of The Making of Dunkirk after spending that much :p

User avatar
Posts: 13914
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Pratham wrote:15 USD tops.
x2

User avatar
Posts: 552
Joined: December 2012
Location: The Endurance
I watched it twice, once in Hong Kong and once in Vietnam. The Hong Kong ticket cost US$16.12 and the VN one cost US$4.40 :lol: :lol: Both are non-film IMAX, and both screenings had roughly the same quality (the one in Vietnam arguably a bit better tho). Other than that, maybe be an amount of transportation fees and that's it.

User avatar
Posts: 13138
Joined: February 2011
Pratham wrote:
Pratham wrote:15 USD tops.
x2
Image

I've spent 0, lol. Sorry Chris, there is no way for me to deliver my money to you.


£

User avatar
Posts: 13914
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Well I can't do anything for global cheapness and local expensiveness of India.

User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3567
Joined: May 2012
SINCEPTION wrote:6 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for July 20, 2017 = $157.50
2 IMAX 70mm Dome Tickets at Science Center of Iowa, Des Moines = $30.00
3 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for July 29, 2017 = $86.25
1 copy of Dunkirk's Original Soundtrack - CD = $13.10
1 copy of Dunkirk's Screenplay - Hardcopy = $16.46
1 IMAX Laser Ticket at TCL Chinese for August 8, 2017 = $23.75
3 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for August 12, 2017 = $86.25

TOTAL = $412.56

I feel WB could honor me a free copy of The Making of Dunkirk after spending that much :p
1. How are six tickets $157 and three tickets $86?

2. How would you rank the three theaters? AMC > TLC > Science Center, I imagine?
Bale Fan wrote:I watched it twice, once in Hong Kong and once in Vietnam. The Hong Kong ticket cost US$16.12 and the VN one cost US$4.40 :lol: :lol: Both are non-film IMAX, and both screenings had roughly the same quality (the one in Vietnam arguably a bit better tho). Other than that, maybe be an amount of transportation fees and that's it.
"maybe be an amount of transportation fees and that's it"??

What about the $100+ plane ticket? :lol:
Master Virgo wrote:
Pratham wrote:
Pratham wrote:15 USD tops.
x2
Image

I've spent 0, lol. Sorry Chris, there is no way for me to deliver my money to you.


£
What??

User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: December 2009
Location: Valencia, CA
okungnyo wrote:
SINCEPTION wrote:6 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for July 20, 2017 = $157.50
2 IMAX 70mm Dome Tickets at Science Center of Iowa, Des Moines = $30.00
3 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for July 29, 2017 = $86.25
1 copy of Dunkirk's Original Soundtrack - CD = $13.10
1 copy of Dunkirk's Screenplay - Hardcopy = $16.46
1 IMAX Laser Ticket at TCL Chinese for August 8, 2017 = $23.75
3 IMAX 70mm Tickets at AMC CityWalk for August 12, 2017 = $86.25

TOTAL = $412.56

I feel WB could honor me a free copy of The Making of Dunkirk after spending that much :p
1. How are six tickets $157 and three tickets $86?

2. How would you rank the three theaters? AMC > TLC > Science Center, I imagine?
01. Weekends are more expensive.

02. I would personally rank them SCI Des Moines > CityWalk > TCL. If Navy Pier was open, it would probably be second. Just keep in mind I haven't seen Dunkirk there, I bought tix for my friends. However I have seen Interstellar (3x) and Rogue One there. Although not many people would agree with me; one, because it's Dome IMAX, two, there is no enough leg room. I love it the most because they show movies on 70mm regularly, their presentations are flawless, some people might get annoyed with he image in dome format but with 70mm I totally feel immersed and captured by the image, especially in interstellar. Plus they have amazing sound system (as I had posted before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut7sm90zDwM). The only reason I put Navy Pier above CityWalk is that the screen size is larger, both have top sound system though, but I genuinely hope both upgrade their seats.

User avatar
Posts: 552
Joined: December 2012
Location: The Endurance
okungnyo wrote:
Bale Fan wrote:I watched it twice, once in Hong Kong and once in Vietnam. The Hong Kong ticket cost US$16.12 and the VN one cost US$4.40 :lol: :lol: Both are non-film IMAX, and both screenings had roughly the same quality (the one in Vietnam arguably a bit better tho). Other than that, maybe be an amount of transportation fees and that's it.
"maybe be an amount of transportation fees and that's it"??

What about the $100+ plane ticket? :lol:
O right :lol: but I didn't go there specifically for seeing Dunkirk :lol: . Was only taking in account the fees I spent from my place to the cinema.

Post Reply