How much did you spend to see Dunkirk?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:
kukheart wrote:I took my dad on Sunday at 2PM, $28.36 for 2 tickets. IMAX 70mm Cinemark 17 Dallas, TX. We ate before hand and since I saw it's only an hour and 47 minutes what not, we didn't get any drinks or anything. One of the largest screens in Texas so I consider that a big win. :gonf:
What did you and your dad think of it?

I remember when I took my dad to see The Dark Knight Rises and he walked out of that theater huffing and puffing, pissed at the fact that I would dare waste two hours of his life "on a kiddie action figure movie". :lol:
He enjoyed it, my dad is 70 and knows a ton about WW2, my grand father on my mom's side was in the South Pacific. My dad went to the Navy and was in their flight school for 2 years. He didn't really have any huge thoughts, he made one comment about a scene on when the pilot pulling on a lever which shouldn't have worked the way that it was shown. Of course I don't remember what exact scene, regardless he did enjoy it. I've told him how good Nolan movies are but just liek your dad I'm not going to press him on it since I know he doesn't give a damn about Batman or really even science fiction, so doesn't give too many options for a Nolan movie, maybe Prestige?

Oku
Show him Interstellar!

My dad enjoyed that one, and he doesn't like sci-fi either.

Or at least, I think he enjoyed it, because he wasn't as angry as he was after The Dark Knight Rises. :lol:

okungnyo wrote:Show him Interstellar!

My dad enjoyed that one, and he doesn't like sci-fi either.

Or at least, I think he enjoyed it, because he wasn't as angry as he was after The Dark Knight Rises. :lol:
I can try, maybe Nolan should direct a western, he would watch that.

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
$12.80 x 2 + tax for first showing in 70mm (plus 1.5 hour drive)
$17.80 x 2 + tax for second showing in digital IMAX (another 1.5 hour drive)
So $70 or so, not including the ridiculously overpriced concessions. ($4.50 for one water! :roll:)

$0
My first three viewings were free :lol:

natalie wrote:$0
My first three viewings were free :lol:
You win. :D

3 hour drive (my friend drove) for 70mm IMAX + $44 for both our tickets (I bought)

Then $12 for Digital IMAX.

So far: $56.

Right now, only about $16 for a regular ticket. But I'm planning on seeing at least once or twice more on a regular screen, and then later this fall go to Oslo to see it in the only 70mm screen in the country (hopefully along with a couple of classics like 2001/Lawrence) since I've never seen the format before. So it'll probably end at around $150.

About €45-€50 so far

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
Bacon wrote:3 hour drive (my friend drove) for 70mm IMAX + $44 for both our tickets (I bought)

Then $12 for Digital IMAX.

So far: $56.
Wish IMAX was only $12 here! Regular shit local screens are $9.50 where I live for matinee, $11.50 after 6pm :roll:
70mm is less for me than for you, though.