How many times have you seen Dunkirk?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
SINCEPTION wrote:
by any chance di you see it in cinemark xd 70mm?
I saw it at the BFI IMAX (London) in IMAX 70mm twice and at Odeon Leicester Sq (London) in 70mm four times.

Those are the best formats to see the film.

Nomis wrote:Thrice, of which the last one in 70mm! AMAZING HOLY SHIT
How was that? Also compared to Digital IMAX?

It is the best possible way to see the film. The colors are so much richer, so much deeper. It's as if you're really there. It was magnificent.

digi-IMAX fucking sucks compared to 70mm lol I'm not even kidding. The colors in digi-IMAX are so shallow, so flat or whatever it's called. It doesn't do the film justice, at all.

4K DLP was fine, a much better projection than digi-IMAX but still, 70mm rules above all. The 4K DLP felt a bit cold, the 70mm one is so warm.

Really, go see it in 70mm as often as you can. It's tremendous.

Once, in 2K IMAX.

Looking back, I think I would probably rank Dunkirk on the low end of Nolan's filmography. It's fine, but it didn't leave a lasting impact. I'll give it a rewatch on Blu-ray.

I've now seen it three times, twice in IMAX 70mm. Once at Lincoln Square 13, once at the Maryland Science Center.

The Maryland Science Center had a great screen, but it wasn't nearly as good as Lincoln Square's. Beyond not having the same "wow factor", it also didn't fill your FOV as adequately. The sound was far more localized to the front at the Maryland Science Center while at Lincoln Square 13 was far more surrounding. But at Maryland Science Center the sound wasn't deafening and didn't require hearing protection, nor was the bass as oversaturated.

IMAX 70mm is easily the best format and if you're not seeing the movie in 1.43 aspect ratio on a large screen, you're missing out significantly.

Seeing it again on Thursday for the 7th time in 70mm :).

Seven - 6 times in digital IMAX in Budapest, and for the last time in London at the BFI IMAX in 70mm.

You people are quite amazing. This is what I call a real fandom.£

Going for my fourth viewing this evening, second time 70mm :gonf:

4 now. I gotta say, this is definitely a film that ages well.