Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
97 on MC with 46 reviews. 29 perfect scores.

12 Years a Slave has 39.

Dunkirk has now surpassed films such as Fury Road, Gravity and The Social Network.

75 from NY Post, 50 from Observer, and incoming pan from the New Yorker will be added to Metacritic

So looks like itll end at 96

Oku
Spert wrote:Damn they had to bring back rex Reed lmfao
redfirebird2008 wrote:Rex Reed is back in the critic game, just for Nolan. Interesting. :lol: But what the hell, a 50 is better than the 25 he gave Inception.
Was he/she retired or something?

Spert wrote:75 from NY Post, 50 from Observer, and incoming pan from the New Yorker will be added to Metacritic

So after rex reed and edelstein added, the rating will be?

ShahrokhSam wrote:
Spert wrote:75 from NY Post, 50 from Observer, and incoming pan from the New Yorker will be added to Metacritic

Lol oh fuck i forgot about edelstein

I think worst case scenario it goes to 95

Spert wrote:
ShahrokhSam wrote:

Lol oh fuck i forgot about edelstein

I think worst case scenario it goes to 95
I'll go with 90 like Fury Road. More positives on Dunkirk but also more negatives. We also still have at least another 10 reviews to go on MetaCritic. Who knows how those will turn out.

Nolan has too many hater critics to get a rating on RT of above 95%, it will probably end early 90s at best. Metacritic probably 94 at best. I can't see it being nominated either, just like Mad Max. It'll just be viewed in the same light as another summer action blockbuster.

Edit: oops. forgot that Mad Max was nominated.

kris9512 wrote:Nolan has too many hater critics to get a rating on RT of above 95%, it will probably end early 90s at best. Metacritic probably 94 at best. I can't see it being nominated either, just like Mad Max. It'll just be viewed in the same light as another summer action blockbuster.

Lmao

Mad Max was the biggest winner of that night

Dunkirk probably will be too. It has a better chance to win major awards than Fury Road does.

Why Mc adding such troll critic like rex reed?

Spert wrote:
kris9512 wrote:Nolan has too many hater critics to get a rating on RT of above 95%, it will probably end early 90s at best. Metacritic probably 94 at best. I can't see it being nominated either, just like Mad Max. It'll just be viewed in the same light as another summer action blockbuster.

Lmao

Mad Max was the biggest winner of that night

Dunkirk probably will be too. It has a better chance to win major awards than Fury Road does.
I still need to see Dunkirk, but I honestly can see it winning Director, Cinematography, Film Editing, Score, Sound Mixing, and Sound Editing.

Hell maybe Picture and Production Design as well (and if the Academy decides to let it sweep maybe they'll give Rylance another Oscar :lol: )