Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Hustler wrote:
NotoriousWolf wrote:It suck when 1 or 2 rottens hit it kills the score by like 2%.
Fuck you math! :lol:
Lol

Bacon wrote:She reviewed Dunkirk, complained the soldiers were portrayed as selfish and jerks instead of the "heroic people" they actually are, said Harry Styles was a bad actor (which I mean, he was good yet unremarkable but she had him built up as literally Nolan's next Leo DiCaprio lmao), said the deaths were appalling and made her angry, and called the non-linear storytelling confusing.
Yeah I lost my respect for Grace some time ago already.

But great to see The Flick Pick liked it! John is a nice guy
Last edited by Willem on July 22nd, 2017, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willem wrote:Yeah I lost my respect for Grace some time ago already.

Yeah i watched his review. He gave it a A+

@About Grace Randolph: I mean, I kind of get the fact that most of the soldiers are portrayed negatively at many moments, but this was an evacuation without clear orders. The only thing these soldiers knew they had to try to do was to survive. Sometimes in the fog of war and confusion going on, people show their true colors. It's similar in themes to Nolan's other films. Dunno why she was so surprised that ground soldiers were portrayed realistically rather than daring heroes going into hell (even though that's kind of how Lowden and Hardy played it, which was okay too).

@About John Flickster: The Flick Pick's funny and fine, but I can't take him too seriously....until that review. That was a well-thought out, well-written analysis on the film. Made good points and defended himself. Made good criticisms while also justifying what he liked. Very good review from him honestly.

NotoriousWolf wrote:It's a war movie, it's supposed to be cold, what do you expect dumbass, like forreal.
I understand you guys are mad about some of these negative reviews but y'all crossing the line here.

First of all, the idea that a certain type of film or genre is supposed to be this specific thing is idiotic in itself. Proceeding to insult her based on that fallacy is even more baffling.

Oku
User of Interest wrote:This guy gets the characters and the point of it and gave it a A+! :clap:
dunkirktrash wrote:I read the comments of that video and apparently he only rated four other films with an A+. People were like 'I didn't know you gave A+s'. And he said that he had issues with Interstellar and other Nolan films and that he had no expectations going in. I'm not sure if he's a knowledgeable person (first time I watch his videos. I'm more accustomed to Grace, Stuckmann, Jahs, Collider and Schmoes), but I like the points he made.
He's very charismatic (and muscular), I like him.
Bacon wrote:
dunkirktrash wrote:
Bacon wrote:Grace is awful
I usually hate it when people make comments about women's voices being grating but my god, hers is so annoying. And she also cannot stop swallowing near the mic. I usually disagree completely with whatever she says but I listen to her points to see the other side of things. Did she review Dunkirk? I didn't check because after the second trailer she was complaining there wasn't enough Harry and I just... couldn't take her seriously.
She reviewed Dunkirk, complained the soldiers were portrayed as selfish and jerks instead of the "heroic people" they actually are, said Harry Styles was a bad actor (which I mean, he was good yet unremarkable but she had him built up as literally Nolan's next Leo DiCaprio lmao), said the deaths were appalling and made her angry, and called the non-linear storytelling confusing.
Wow...

How could you bear sitting through those 12-minutes?
Hustler wrote:
NotoriousWolf wrote:It suck when 1 or 2 rottens hit it kills the score by like 2%.
Fuck you math! :lol:
What do you mean?
Willem wrote:Yeah I lost my respect for Grace some time ago already.

Yeah, weren't you a big fan of hers?

RIFA wrote:
NotoriousWolf wrote:It's a war movie, it's supposed to be cold, what do you expect dumbass, like forreal.
I understand you guys are mad about some of these negative reviews but y'all crossing the line here.

First of all, the idea that a certain type of film or genre is supposed to be this specific thing is idiotic in itself. Proceeding to insult her based on that fallacy is even more baffling.
Yeah. This criticism of Grace makes no sense. Dunkirk isn't a stereotypical war film and, if anything, Grace is getting mad it doesn't play out like a stereotypical war film.

Then he goes and complains that she wasn't ready to accept what a stereotypical war film is? Implying Dunkirk is stereotypical?

lol just say you dont agree with her opinions and leave it at that.

RIFA wrote:

I don't give a shit about the negative reviews every film has negative reviews. But you got to admit some of the shit she says is just plain dumb af.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bacon wrote:
RIFA wrote:

Yeah. This criticism of Grace makes no sense. Dunkirk isn't a stereotypical war film and, if anything, Grace is getting mad it doesn't play out like a stereotypical war film.

Then he goes and complains that she wasn't ready to accept what a stereotypical war film is? Implying Dunkirk is stereotypical?

lol just say you dont agree with her opinions and leave it at that.
He who? If you're referring to me. Tag me.