Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
tommyjon400 wrote:There's so much stupid an unnecessary stuff in this movie, I don't even know where to begin. I'm still kinda shocked it doesn't have more negative reviews. This was Worse than Dark Knight Rises on so many levels.
What did you find unnecessary?

tommyjon400 wrote:There's so much stupid an unnecessary stuff in this movie
runtime: 106 minutes

tommyjon400 wrote:There's so much stupid an unnecessary stuff in this movie, I don't even know where to begin. This was Worse than Dark Knight Rises on so many levels.
Disagree.
tommyjon400 wrote:I'm still kinda shocked it doesn't have more negative reviews.
Agree.

94 on Metacritic from 52 reviews. 30 perfect scores.

Seems like the final score.

Scars wrote:
tommyjon400 wrote:There's so much stupid an unnecessary stuff in this movie, I don't even know where to begin. I'm still kinda shocked it doesn't have more negative reviews. This was Worse than Dark Knight Rises on so many levels.
What did you find unnecessary?
He is disappointed in the movie . has posted in the past many dislike it. To him the 18 critics out of 230 are the many. Also he is a bit immature and asking users in other threads why they would watch it a second time . he is justifying through denial that its a bad movie and why anyone would think otherwise

MyCocaine wrote:94 on Metacritic from 52 reviews. 30 perfect scores.

Thanks for the update. 30 perfect scores is impressive. No one would have seen this coming

Not sure. Could be another 10 reviews or so unless MC decides not to include some of the past publications that have always weighed in on Nolan's films. Examples are the Charlotte newspaper, Miami newspaper, Portland newspaper, etc.

redfirebird2008 wrote:

Not sure. Could be another 10 reviews or so unless MC decides not to include some of the past publications that have always weighed in on Nolan's films. Examples are the Charlotte newspaper, Miami newspaper, Portland newspaper, etc.
58 reviews is max. Check Metacritic FAQ.

MC must correct yet New York Observer review. 3/4 stars is 75%, not 50% like MC posted.

rbej wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:

58 reviews is max. Check Metacritic FAQ.

MC must correct yet New York Observer review. 3/4 stars is 75%, not 50% like MC posted.
Ah, thanks. Did not realize the rule was 58. Very good then.
Last edited by redfirebird2008 on July 22nd, 2017, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auidence score is down to 86% on rt