Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:Spoiler 1:
It felt slow moving to me because you see the same events happen a few times over since the story isn't told in a non linear way. The beach POV is told over a week, sea told over a day, air told over an hour. All of them eventually come together to a single focal point. Different way to tell the story, but it felt slow moving to me because I saw some of the same things happen from three different points of view across three different points in time.
That's precisely what I envoyed in the movie : the same events from different points of view. For me it strengthens the emotion and the intensity. It's not just a formal trick
Spoiler 2:
The film opens with a group of soldiers in the streets of the town just off the beach.

When the film transitions for the first time to each of those places, that's when the title cards are shown.

[The Mole - one week Sea - one day Air - one hour]
True

Oku

So the other thread is deleted or not used for discussions?

Rotten Tomatoes now says that the embargo for reviews lifts on the 17th, not the 14th as previously stated. Just FYI.

Nomis wrote:So the other thread is deleted or not used for discussions?
Not used for discussion. Everyone can post official reviews and I'll try and update the first post with all of the reviews

HorrorBiz wrote:Rotten Tomatoes now says that the embargo for reviews lifts on the 17th, not the 14th as previously stated. Just FYI.
Yep, a typo as I predicted. Still not too bad I guess.

HorrorBiz wrote:Rotten Tomatoes now says that the embargo for reviews lifts on the 17th, not the 14th as previously stated. Just FYI.
That's an annoying bummer.

-Vader

Michaelf2225 wrote:what negative stuff
Yeah I've only heard a couple of people pointing out stuff* that actually confirms the film is probably heading in the direction I don't mind lol

not having much exposition and elaborate character backgrounds

cooldude wrote:I was reading the negative review a couple hours ago and noticed it was filled with spoilers, I don’t know why some find it so hard to give warning to the fact. Plus, it's not even from a legit critic, so the whole thing just annoyed me.

People should not be posting no-name critics with no credibility in the official reviews thread.

Also, isn't the embargo suppose to lift today?

Edit: Nvm, apparently it's on Monday.
What time on Monday does it lift?

natalie wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
natalie wrote:Just got the invitation for press screening. Imax July 18th. I can't wait.
How did you receive an invitation?
Because I am a journalist.
tht's great! pls leave a review here.