Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
So many positive reviews out there,why they don't add on RT yet?

ShahrokhSam wrote:So many positive reviews out there,why they don't add on RT yet?
Maybe they are on they way? :)

Offtopic: Whatcha guys think about imdb?

I wonder why some of these people are allowed to post on rotten tomatoes or even allowed to see the movie at screenings early.
Their reviews have no depth or any kind of great insight into film or the techniques of filmmaking. Even the design of their websites is so basic, it looks like it was created in the late 90's. They have no professional training or studied film at an academic level. They are just bloggers. I mean how many people even regularly visit their sites? It kinda or ruins whatever credibility rotten tomatoes has.

I think this is the only positive review that is actually ironic. Because Dunkirk is not that type of movie.

Non-linear storytelling aside, it's simple, raw and straight-to-the-point filmmaking. The more unique thing about this film given that it's a Nolan work. What you get on the first view is pretty much all.

Maybe they were one of those guys that got confused and instead of slamming it they found the positive in it lol. Halo Reach.

2 negative reviews added both from the same website and both are separate RT reviews

https://www.kaplanvskaplan.com/new-releases/dunkirk/

Both have the same complaint that they didn't get to see Harry Styles tell Joe how the jam toast reminds him of his mom so we care for his character

hasanahmad wrote:2 negative reviews added both from the same website and both are separate RT reviews

https://www.kaplanvskaplan.com/new-releases/dunkirk/

Both have the same complaint that they didn't get to see Harry Styles tell Joe how the jam toast reminds him of his mom so we care for his character
You get sites like this one and then you ask yourself how the fuck do they get 50k traffic per month. I'm not talking about the quality of content but the site itself. What a puke lol.

I mean I achieved this on Lunch and other websites and in total I got like 600.000 hits in one year. So even if you average that it would be slightly above 50.000 per month. But to have the same amount of views on your own website is way harder than by using popular platforms.

A webdesigners nightmare :?

RIFA wrote:Image

I think this is the only positive review that is actually ironic. Because Dunkirk is not that type of movie.

Non-linear storytelling aside, it's simple, raw and straight-to-the-point filmmaking. The more unique thing about this film given that it's a Nolan work. What you get on the first view is pretty much all.

Maybe they were one of those guys that got confused and instead of slamming it they found the positive in it lol. Halo Reach.
Is this one of those films that you are going to watch 17 times and then come here and tell us about how it doesn't have any replay value just like you did with Inception?£

ShahrokhSam wrote:So many positive reviews out there,why they don't add on RT yet?
Today will be a very busy day for reviews. Many big time newspapers like LATimes and NYTimes will publish reviews today.