Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Spert wrote:STL Post Dispatch reviewed it again? And gave it a 4/4

I guess another 100 on MC? Lol
It looks like on their website they do have multiple reviews for a lot of movies. Calvin Wilson is the person who gave it 4/4. His review was included on MetaCritic for Valerian (2/4 or 50/100), so it kinda seems like Calvin's review will be the one on MC for Dunkirk as well.

It sure seems Dunkirk might end up with 60 reviews or so on MetaCritic, which is nuts considering the biggest Oscar bait last year landed in the low 50's in review count (Moonlight, La La Land).

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Spert wrote:STL Post Dispatch reviewed it again? And gave it a 4/4

I guess another 100 on MC? Lol
It looks like on their website they do have multiple reviews for a lot of movies. Calvin Wilson is the person who gave it 4/4. His review was included on MetaCritic for Valerian (2/4 or 50/100), so it kinda seems like Calvin's review will be the one on MC for Dunkirk as well.

It sure seems Dunkirk might end up with 60 reviews or so on MetaCritic, which is nuts considering the biggest Oscar bait last year landed in the low 50's in review count (Moonlight, La La Land).
http://www.stltoday.com/search/?sd=desc ... &q=dunkirk

Calvin Wilson review Dunkir and 100% score will be added to MC.

Yeah i agree, but i dont know why RT added as positive.

rbej wrote:
For me this is only movie description.
That is how I see it too, but it does sound like he recommends people see it in the theater.
As a big-screen experience this can be overwhelming, especially when characters are trapped below oncoming planes or inside beleaguered sea vessels; few war movies have communicated more viscerally how it feels to be a sitting duck.