Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Vader182 wrote:
natalie wrote:Second viewing on Imax. Not change my rating. A solid 9.5.
How would you characterize the experiences as different?

-Vader
I little bit more intense :lol:

I managed to get a ticket to attend the Dunkirk premiere in NYC at the AMC Lincoln Center. I was seated in the 70mm theater...this is my story

WARNING -- SPOILERS
First off, I thought this was a great film. The lack of dialogue did not bother me at all. Actually fit very well considering the circumstances these men were in. Telling the story via Nolan's hallmark non linear tale was good. I ended up taking notice of it when Cillian showed up in a different scene. And then I caught on to what was going on. Sound was fucking loud. Lots of jolts. The only thing I was annoyed with was Hans seemingly overpowering his music over the little dialogue there is in the film. Maybe it's just me, but I was trying hard to listen and understand the dialogue but then Hans comes rolling in with his overbearing music and all I hear are muffled sounds and quips here and there. This was extremely apparent in the spitfire scenes. There was a lot of Air Force talk over the radio and god awful Bane sounding Hardy. Obviously, despite not being able to hear the dialogue well, most of it had to be inferred. I'm not sure if the acoustics were off or what. Same thing I happened when I watched Interstellar.
If there is anything in particular anyone wants to know they can message me and I'll be happy to answer any questions or give any other feedback. I plan to see the movie again on IMAX 70mm this Friday.

(sound-wise) I think that's an issue with the IMAX experience. I had the same issues with TDKR, Interstellar, and then freakin' Jack Reacher 2. The levels are just different there, and they won't be an issue on Blu-ray. It wasn't an issue on my regular screen.

I love the bombastic feat of the aggressive IMAX mix for the experience, but when an actor is covering his mouth and there is music all the meanwhile, there can be issues understanding what is being said.

Do you have a score for it yet, or are you going to wait until your second viewing?

natalie wrote:Second viewing on Imax. Not change my rating. A solid 9.5.
How loud was the IMAX sound mix?

This page is going to explode Thursday

That's goddamn right

OK, so I watched it tonight on IMAX on press screening in my country. Sorry for not notifying you, was busy at time.

There are only three positive things about this movie:
- Nolan's directorial decisions, which resulted in some really groundbreaking scenes
- Hans Zimmer's breathtaking score. Was it miraculous. And it's not only receivable when listened in the actual film, but I think it will play great independently as well, because of the strong horror aspect of it
- Acting. Almost from anyone, they tried to save the film as hard as they could. Even Harry Styles.

But, GOSH, was
the script
horrible.
It wasn't only the characters, but also the dialogues and the script itself, some of them made my ears bleed. For the very brief moment, I was posessed by the idea that the screenplay for Inception was actually written by Leonardo DiCaprio and not Nolan himself. How could a man who wrote the best blockbuster of this century write such nonsense like this Dunkirk?
I'm not disappointed, Dunkirk is a great IMAX action thriller, if we only talk about that. But as a fucking Nolan movie, it's significantly lower all expectations you could have. Nolan haters will love it, because they hate the true genius of his in his previous films. But Dunkirk, in my opinion, is his weakest blockbuster to date.

7/10, for the most part for the technical side of thing, it was incredible in IMAX

Update

£

Lord Shade wrote: Nolan haters will love it, because they hate the true genius of his in his previous films. But Dunkirk, in my opinion, is his weakest blockbuster to date.

7/10, for the most part for the technical side of thing, it was incredible in IMAX
quit ridicules , I have to say, almost non logical

1, can you give the standard definition for nolan hater, and can you give the standard definition for Nolanite?

2, Nolan haters will love it, you mean Nolan haters love Dunkirk?

very well, https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dunkirk_2017

right now there are 67 critics gave Dunkirik positive reviews , judging from Dunirk's current Average Rating: 9/10, they must love Dunkirk so much, so please tell us , are they Nolan haters?

and so far on the internet there are may be close to 100 reviews (including people like Chris Stuckmann ,John Campea ,Mark Ellis etc) many of them give 'very good---great' review on Dunkirk, so please tell us ,are they Nolan haters?

and if you like to call these people are Nolan haters, please provide evidence to back it.

I meant that Nolan haters, who hated Nolan's attention to the story, dialogues and characters in his previous films, i.e. masterpieces, will love the fact that the attention to all of this in Dunkirk is
minimal, both in terms of volume and quality