Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
just out of cinema

for someone like me watch quit a lot of war movies, I like to say , it is an incredible film

I guess Dunkirk will be remembered as a great work in war movie history, thank you Mr Nolan

8.5 out of 10

I will prepare a longer review within several days

Saw it last night. Was in awe of all the things happening, there were also some surprises I totally did not see coming. I was very, very impressed

Seeing it again tonight in a completely filled IMAX. I'll give you my grade after

Just a reminder to keep things spoiler free or use spoiler tags with warnings because I almost read stuff I didn't need to read. Thanks.

Law wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Law wrote: No its just that he's such a caring character that you love him as your own dad
THIS LMAO. Also I would like to add Branagh's character to my "pls adopt me" list as well
When he let the sleeping soldier join them <33333
<333

or when Mr Dawson
consoles Collins telling him "we know where you were" <3333 Like. ily pls be my dad

There was a guy sitting next to me and at some point he used his inhaler because he was about to have an asthma attack. :wtf:

And at the end of the film, there was this quiet moment that lasted maybe 5 seconds where nobody moved before people started clapping. A big majority of people stayed until then end credits as well.

Can't wait to watch it again on Saturday!

Get better the more it sits with you

9.5/10

While I'd love Mr Dawson to adopt me, can I adopt Fionn?
Every single time, he was on screen , I was afraid for him. And George and Gibson... :cry:

I think this movie's absolutely worthy of this gif's revival

after worrying and feeling bad for everybody so much, i just wanted to give them all a hug at the end of the movie lmao

Two things that shocked me: Alex intimidating Gibson, not knowing that Gibson actually saved Tommy and him by opening the door of the sinking ship. And then of course his death. Nobody even looked behind for him.

And the way George died... just so unfortunate and unnecessary. Shows you how chaotic and unfair war can be.

Ruth wrote:I think this movie's absolutely worthy of this gif's revival

after worrying and feeling bad for everybody so much, i just wanted to give them all a hug at the end of the movie lmao
YES

I have no idea why reviewers/people are calling this film 'hard to connect with'. These are people, facing insurmountable peril, struggling to survive. It is the HUMAN INSTINCT to root for their survival.

Not to mention that they were given tiny bits of characterization already. Characterization is not always about backstories.