Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
looks like i may be the last review in since i'm waiting for my second viewing tomorrow lol
Vader182 wrote:
RIFA wrote:Vader didn't rate this yet? Or he waits for the second run?

I think he said the sound was fucked up or something.
This will make sense soon.

-Vader
reviving that there review site you had?

Master Virgo wrote:Update

Click on each member's name to read their review.£
You're totally awesome for doing that. Thank you!

Michaelf2225 wrote:looks like i may be the last review in since i'm waiting for my second viewing tomorrow lol
There's a user who's not able to see it until it releases in their country on the 27th.

Michaelf2225 wrote:looks like i may be the last review in since i'm waiting for my second viewing tomorrow lol
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
reviving that there review site you had?
Something like that.

;)

-Vader

Wow just wow. Intense, beautiful, unforgettable.

Saw this while on vacation in 70mm IMAX and it was the best cinematic experience I've ever witnessed and I didn't think anything could ever top Interstellar in 70mm IMAX. All the "too loud" talk going around had my family who I went with a bit worried before going in. And yes, holy shit the sound delivered! But for us it was never too uncomfortable and took the experience to a whole other godly level. Although my husband did have slight ringing in his ears after haha.

The visuals were just out of this world. Right from the opening scene you knew you were in for something special.

The cast. Phenomenal. Everyone was fantastic but my favorites are Tom Hardy (those aerial scenes aahhhh!!), Mark Rylance and Tom Glynn-Carney who I think is gonna go places I hope. My eyes welled up several times throughout the movie and I don't understand how anyone can say this movie lacked emotion. I was invested in these characters and the ending especially wrecked me. Nolan sure knows how to close a movie and this one is next to Inception for my favorite ending. I'm still thinking about it days later.

Can't wait to see this again and pick up on things I missed regarding the different timelines (it did lose me a tad bit at times) but unfortunately it will have to be a standard theatre viewing ( :evil: ) for round 2.

9.5/10 Thank you Nolan.

I'll see where it ranks after a second viewing but for now my top 4: Inception, Batman Begins, Dunkirk, The Prestige.

Daphne wrote:Wow just wow. Intense, beautiful, unforgettable.

Saw this while on vacation in 70mm IMAX and it was the best cinematic experience I've ever witnessed and I didn't think anything could ever top Interstellar in 70mm IMAX. All the "too loud" talk going around had my family who I went with a bit worried before going in. And yes, holy shit the sound delivered! But for us it was never too uncomfortable and took the experience to a whole other godly level. Although my husband did have slight ringing in his ears after haha.

The visuals were just out of this world. Right from the opening scene you knew you were in for something special.

The cast. Phenomenal. Everyone was fantastic but my favorites are Tom Hardy (those aerial scenes aahhhh!!), Mark Rylance and Tom Glynn-Carney who I think is gonna go places I hope. My eyes welled up several times throughout the movie and I don't understand how anyone can say this movie lacked emotion. I was invested in these characters and the ending especially wrecked me. Nolan sure knows how to close a movie and this one is next to Inception for my favorite ending. I'm still thinking about it days later.

Can't wait to see this again and pick up on things I missed regarding the different timelines (it did lose me a tad bit at times) but unfortunately it will have to be a standard theatre viewing ( :evil: ) for round 2.

9.5/10 Thank you Nolan.

I'll see where it ranks after a second viewing but for now my top 4: Inception, Batman Begins, Dunkirk, The Prestige.
If you had ringing in the ears, that basically means you got hearing damage.

Well, only temporary damage haha. He only noticed it when we got back to the room where all was quiet and it went away within a few minutes after that. The rest of us had no issue whatsoever.

Just got out of my second viewing. Yeah, it's probably his finest work to date.

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
FULL REVIEW

Be warned I put it in spoilers mainly for the length alone. Took me a long time to write this.

Law wrote:FULL REVIEW

Be warned I put it in spoilers mainly for the length alone. Took me a long time to write this.
tl;dr