Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Allstar wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:i can’t believe how good this film is
Any issues with the sound/hearing dialogue?
not really

some things were muffled, but intentionally (pilots with masks)

the important stuff was fine for me - there were a few lines i missed, but i honestly think it’s an IMAX problem

edit: better than when i saw Interstellar in 15/70

ChristNolan wrote:
bootsy wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
I know, apologies for that :( . We ran really late (a wreck on the highway of course), got there at 8:25ish and had to make a mad dash for the entrance.
We waited downstairs by the ticket office. Did you have on a Captain America shirt on? Just curious.
Nah a white Alabama shirt with light red shorts. I probably passed you guys on the way in if you were still around lol
Thats reassuring lol. I was afraid you blew us off haha.

Can I give it a temporary score? (I'll edit this later)

9/10 until I see it again. I need to wrap my head around it. I was thrown off by the
different timelines
, and didn't catch all the dialogue. Merciless movie that will leave you with PTSD but also some tears in your eyes. It's Revenant but less bleak - more like Gravity, but even more impressive visually (no CGI shit here [to my eyes]). I feel like *maybe it could have used a few more quiet scenes to break up the constant tension. Some more dialogue between the characters. But I suppose it didn't need it either. Bottom line: need to see this again. Right now it's below Interstellar for me (my favorite Nolan film), and I can't rank it from there until I see it again.
Last edited by stanley on July 21st, 2017, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously, I'm convinced you need to see it two times before you fully appreciate it

It sucks to see so much people disappointed in the film. I completely freaking loved it

Willem wrote:Seriously, I'm convinced you need to see it two times before you fully appreciate it

It sucks to see so much people disappointed in the film. I completely freaking loved it
After reading through this thread I'm gonna go back and see it again tomorrow. Only this time I'm going in a regular theater because I got so motion sick today while watching it on IMAX and I feel like it won't ruin anything not seeing it in 70MM, but what do I know?

Generic placeholder 9/10 from me.
Will probably bump up to a 10/10 in the future. One of Nolan's top tier films.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
bootsy wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Just got out.

Holy shit.
Bacon and I were looking for you after the 6pm showing but we missed you. :cry:
were you hanging out with bacon lol??
And yeah. We went to the same showing and talked afterwards. You should've joined in.

DUNKIRK

SWEET LORD...I don't even know what to say. Ummm. 9.5/10??? I guess? I need more time for it to digest. And I need to see it several more times

Willem wrote:Seriously, I'm convinced you need to see it two times before you fully appreciate it
You know, to see the film more than once, you need to be inspired for it by the first, original one. Dunkirk didn't do it for me. But I'll do it for Nolan after a while. Not for Dunkirk.

I honestly think this is Nolan's worst movie. This is even worse than following.

tommyjon400 wrote:I honestly think this is Nolan's worst movie. This is even worse than following.
lmao