[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
If you can, please. :thumbup:

Nomis, is this something I don't know either? If so, PM please?

Ruth wrote:Nomis, is this something I don't know either? If so, PM please?

m4st4 wrote:I only want to know one thing: is Hardy in this movie more than 5 minutes?
What we know from following along with production...
We know little. Hardy said he was in his own play. We know he was filmed in at least two locations (Dunkerque and in the cockpit gimbal on a cliff overlooking the ocean in California). We do not know if he was filmed at any of the airports (and I think there were at least 6, 2 each in France, Netherlands and UK). Lowden was seen at at airport and in a plane but Hardy was not spotted. Note - His position at the end of the billing block with an "and" gives his name the most visibility out of the seasoned stars and does not mean he has less of a part than Rylance and Branagh.
More of a spoiler - what happens to him..
We know he runs out of gas (prologue). His crash or crash landing was filmed at the end of Dunkerque filming. We know the costume department had to quickly come up with some unplanned German uniforms at the same time they were finishing up Hardy's costume. We believe Hardy is killed or captured by the Germans. My opinion is his character may be partially based on Flying Officer Peter Casenove who was captured.

There was also an unconfirmed sighting of Hardy being filmed along a road earlier in the Dunkerque filming.

Article about Casenove and his plane which was recovered from Dunkirk and restored.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tored.html
Re only 5 minutes - I doubt it. The following is not much of a spoiler - it is how I think the timelines overlay.
I think Nolan will be stretching out the 1 hour of Spitfire fuel against a week of beach footage and a day of Moonfire footage. Think about what we saw at the end of the prologue.
Last edited by dormouse7 on July 1st, 2017, 9:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

Oku
Willem wrote:
I thought you wanted to go in not knowing spoilers??

dormouse7 wrote:
We know little. Hardy said he was in his own play. We know he was filmed in at least two locations (Dunkerque and in the cockpit gimbal on a cliff overlooking the ocean in California). We do not know if he was filmed at any of the airports (and I think there were at least 6, 2 each in France, Netherlands and UK). Lowden was seen at at airport and in a plane but Hardy was not spotted. His position at the end of the billing block with an "and" gives his name the most visibility out of the seasoned stars and does not mean he has less of a part than Rylance and Branagh.
More of a spoiler - what happens to him..
We know he runs out of gas (prologue). His crash or crash landing was filmed at the end of Dunkerque filming. We know the costume department had to quickly come up with some unplanned German uniforms. We believe Hardy is killed or captured by the Germans. My opinion is his character may be partially based on Flying Officer Peter Casenove who was captured.

There was also an unconfirmed sighting of Hardy being filmed along a road earlier in the Dunkerque filming.

Article about Casenove and his plane which was recovered from Dunkirk and restored.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tored.html

Re 5 minutes - I doubt it. If I understand what Nolan is doing, he will be stretching out the 1 hour of Spitfire fuel against a week of beach footage and a day of Moonfire footage. I do not think they are doing to crash Hardy in the beginning.
I shouldn't have read that. :lol: But it got me curious
Do you remember if those German uniforms that the costume department had to come up with were really unplanned? Seems strange to me that Nolan wouldn't plan ahead and know that they were necessary.

As I remember. Trying to find his Facebook post. Not sure if he ended up deleting that one.

Edit: I found his tweet about Hardy's shearling but the other one is gone. The text or an image or it is probably somewhere on this forum but it's tough to search from Google..

A reference to the dyer confirming the German uniforms but then editing his Facebook post. However, not the original text of the Facebook post.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 0#p1034331
Last edited by dormouse7 on July 1st, 2017, 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

dormouse7 wrote:As I remember. Trying to find his Facebook post. Not sure if he ended up deleting that one.
No need to waste your time on trying to find it, I was just wondering. I'll take your word for it.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, thanks!
Last edited by Innovator on July 1st, 2017, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

okungnyo wrote:
Willem wrote:
I thought you wanted to go in not knowing spoilers??
Knowing if Hardy is only 5 minutes in the movie or not is not really a spoiler in my eyes... at least when Nomis keeps the PM spoiler-free