[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:
Innovator wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Haven't clicked any of the spoiler tags because I don't want to spoil myself, but did you mention the
opening crawl
?
That is mentioned in the first spoiler box.
I just checked, and indeed it is. :thumbup:
I'm a little torn on whether it should be in the film or not, because I can see good arguments for both sides--for and against.

Hopefully whatever path they choose, it's well executed.
If you are referring to whether the Nazis are in the movie or even mentioned, then neither.
Also, I've read the whole thing and I wouldn't really consider any aspect of it spoiler.

Oku
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
okungnyo wrote:
Innovator wrote:That is mentioned in the first spoiler box.
I just checked, and indeed it is. :thumbup:
I'm a little torn on whether it should be in the film or not, because I can see good arguments for both sides--for and against.

Hopefully whatever path they choose, it's well executed.
If you are referring to whether the Nazis are in the movie or even mentioned, then neither.
Also, I've read the whole thing and I wouldn't really consider and aspect of it spoiler.
I was talking about whether there would be an opening crawl that explains the background, military situation, etc.

He says there was a crawl "in the beginning" (which could mean (1) beginning of the movie, or (2) when he was first writing the script) and then he says that he removed mentions of the Nazis, but not whether he removed the opening crawl also.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

okungnyo wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
Also, I've read the whole thing and I wouldn't really consider and aspect of it spoiler.
I was talking about whether there would be an opening crawl that explains the background, military situation, etc.

He says there was a crawl "in the beginning" (which could mean (1) beginning of the movie, or (2) when he was first writing the script) and then he says that he removed mentions of the Nazis, but not whether he removed the opening crawl also.

Yes you are right. It would be difficult though to explain the situation without mentioning the enemy.

Guys who are seriosly reading this spoilers and discussing it, are you some kind of... Suicide Squad?

Oku
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
okungnyo wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:

Yes you are right. It would be difficult though to explain the situation without mentioning the enemy.
I'm confused right now.

You say that I'm right, but then you say something that disagrees with what I said.

I think you're the right one here, not me.

Because you bring up a good point.
It would be hard to have an opening crawl that explains the situation without mentioning the enemy.
I never thought about that.

So if he took out all mentions of the enemy, then that likely means he took out the opening crawl entirely?
Lord Shade wrote:Guys who are seriosly reading this spoilers and discussing it, are you some kind of... Suicide Squad?
I'm only discussing the first spoiler.

It's probably the mildest one out of all of them. :P

Thanks for using spoiler tags so we can pick our desired spoilers and avoid others.

Would've been better if this thread was brought to life after the film's release imo. Lock it until then?

Oku
Nomis wrote:Would've been better if this thread was brought to life after the film's release imo. Lock it until then?
We'll get a lot more spoiler-y interviews, reviews, and TVs as we get closer to release.

My hope was that we could relegate all the spoiler discussion into this thread, and keep all the other threads completely spoiler-free.

That way, people can just avoid this one thread, and don't have to worry about accidentally reading spoilers in the other threads (i.e., when someone forgets to use a spoiler tag, or doesn't spoiler tag something because he/she doesn't consider it a spoiler but it actually is, etc.).

Other threads have to be spoiler-free, hence the spoiler tags.

I just wanted to see the last one but it still leaves me wondering.