[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I just can't, the more I think of Gibson, the more my heart aches lol.

Oku
Which hit you harder, the deaths in this film, or the one in Saving Private Ryan?

okungnyo wrote:Which hit you harder, the deaths in this film, or the one in Saving Private Ryan?
Definitely this one. The deaths in Saving Private Ryan were so ... I had to cover my eyes most of the time.

Farrier getting captured by the Germans. :cry: :cry:

Btw i like how the Germans faces are blurred

It only hit me this morning, hours after seeing the movie that Mr. Dawson was so set on trying to save Collins because his own son was a fighter pilot and had died.

And, George's death felt really symbolic to me. Like, the death of innocence, in a way. Anyone else?

George was based on a real person where almost exactly the same happened. That boy died of a bomb which hit the boat.

I had one question
There was a scene where Cillian Murphy's character appears all of a sudden at night time on this really small boat and I didn't get the connection. Could someone please explain that?

GeniusNolan wrote:I had one question
There was a scene where Cillian Murphy's character appears all of a sudden at night time on this really small boat and I didn't get the connection. Could someone please explain that?
It means that he was on the smaller boat before, and that (most likely) the (larger) ship that they all boarded was sunk by a torpedo, and it was the sole survivor, sitting on the hull of the ship when the Moonstone found him.

fayestardust wrote:
GeniusNolan wrote:I had one question
It means that he was on the smaller boat before, and that (most likely) the (larger) ship that they all boarded was sunk by a torpedo, and it was the sole survivor, sitting on the hull of the ship when the Moonstone found him.
Ahh! That makes more sense. I got confused because I thought he was sitting on an about to sink spitfire. I wasn't paying close attention when they found him. Thanks!

fayestardust wrote:
It only hit me this morning, hours after seeing the movie that Mr. Dawson was so set on trying to save Collins because his own son was a fighter pilot and had died.
Yeah, as soon as Peter mentioned his dead brother, I was like awwww man :( Collins def understood that as well.