[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Since someone brought it up in another thread..
There is a rumor on Twitter that Harry's character cries/sobs in one scene. The original rumor stated someone who saw Dunkirk said Alex cries over a dead body, and a variant of the rumor is that he cries reading a letter. I think the variant is definite bs because there are fans who believe there is a scene of Alex reading a letter on the train but I believe that photo during production is of Harry reading a piece of script on the train. One fan on twitter said "What if Harry cries while reading this letter?" and I think that is the source of the variant.

Since there I could find no English or French source of the crying over a body rumor, and I was was not about to search Twitter for Harry/Alex and the word for crying or sobbing in various languages and tenses, there is currently no findable basis for this rumor.

Forum Pro
Law
There is a rumor on Twitter that Harry's character cries/sobs in one scene
This is a spoiler ?

Someone else posted it as a marked Spoiler in another topic and was told "There's a thread for spoilers."

My opinion is it's as much of a spoiler as some of the snippets from the book that caused this thread to be created.

But apparently you have independently decided it is not a spoiler.

US people (not sure who else) can read the whole Nolan interview in the "Look Inside" preview of the new Dunkirk book Levine does have for sale:

Note - seems to include MANY spoilers and I am going to stop reading it. May or may not be the same spoilers that started this thread. I only looked at one of those so I do not know.
https://www.amazon.com/Dunkirk-History- ... 06XC2BT2C/
Last edited by dormouse7 on June 27th, 2017, 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forum Pro
Law
dormouse7 wrote:
But apparently you have independently decided it is not a spoiler.
Someone maybe crying in a film isn't a spoiler.

I would have preferred not to know that rather than seeing it go by on Twitter. It's not up to you to decide what people do and do not want to know. I put it inside a Spoiler tag. You took it out.

Also the spoiler wasn't 'crying in a war film' it was
crying/sobbing over a dead body
so, yeah, that definitely is a spoiler because it means that
someone important for Alex dies, and from what we've seen of the filming process now we wonder if that could be Gibson or Tommy.
It's a potential spoiler, that I would've loved to avoid, which is what this thread is for. Why you have to be such a massive pain in the ass about everything is beyond me.

A bit of insight into a few personalities based on how they wear their clothing..

I only want to know one thing: is Hardy in this movie more than 5 minutes?

I could PM you.