[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
dunkirktrash wrote:I don't know but I feel like everything could be solved if we gave Okun a limit of questions per day.
:thumbdown:
Ruth wrote:
dunkirktrash wrote:I don't know but I feel like everything could be solved if we gave Okun a limit of questions per day.
you made me laugh out loud lmfao good job

Okun don't worry we still love you <3
:thumbup:
Pratham wrote:
he joined in 2012 but his first post is in 2016. :think:
Hmm, yes...what could that mean?? :think:

I have a possibly stupid question:

After Alex gets rescued from the ship that begins to pin against the mole, I always think I hear somebody crying for help and they get crushed instead, but I can't see anybody on screen. Am I missing something?

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I have a possibly stupid question:

After Alex gets rescued from the ship that begins to pin against the mole, I always think I hear somebody crying for help and they get crushed instead, but I can't see anybody on screen. Am I missing something?
You're hearing the scream right, and you're not missing anything. The sound implies that someone (at least one person) got crushed against the mole by the ship, but it's not shown on purpose, you can only hear his death scream.

DHOPW42 wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I have a possibly stupid question:

You're hearing the scream right, and you're not missing anything. The sound implies that someone (at least one person) got crushed against the mole by the ship, but it's not shown on purpose, you can only hear his death scream.
Got it, thanks. I'm always like, "Nolan, you're showing me so much square footage of screen and my eyes are scanning the entire thing to no avail!" Makes more sense that nothing is actually there.

Oku
That scene kinda bothers me because it doesn't hold up too well, continuity-wise.

One second, the ship is pressing up against the mole; the next second, it's yards away.

One second, there's a close-up of Alex right next to the bow, the next, he's gone and replaced by extras.

I can't make sense out of the physical geography of where Tommy's hand is coming from, either.

Last shot should've been held for few more seconds imo. It feels out of place.

Pratham wrote:
Last shot should've been held for few more seconds imo. It feels out of place.
I guess it does, but then you have to remember that Nolan and Smith had perfectly good reasons to hold out that scene as long as they did.

This is from the same scene where some people thought it was CGI and green screen.

^ Yup, the only thing certainly CGI'd is the propeller on the nose of the plane.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:^ Yup, the only thing certainly CGI'd is the propeller on the nose of the plane.
Couldn't they somehow match the rotation frequency of the propeller to the camera, so that it looks like the propeller is standing still? Just wondering.