[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The more I think about this film, the better it gets. Anyone experiencing the same?

Oku
Are you joking? :lol:

OF COURSE!!

It's just that sometimes you've seen a good film, but when you start thinking about it, it gets weaker and loses its power. With Dunkirk it's the opposite - it grows stronger and stronger over time

Oku
I know, it's such a great film.

I want everyone to love it and see it the way we do, which makes it so disheartening to see an alarmingly larger and larger number of people complaining about the underdeveloped characters and how that disconnect made the film boring to them.

Another thing for me is that I'm thinking about backstories and thinks that we haven't seen. And what happens to them after. It's so good!

fayestardust wrote:Another thing for me is that I'm thinking about backstories and thinks that we haven't seen. And what happens to them after. It's so good!
I got this thought of how
Tommy and Alex would say goodbye when they got off the train. I found it almost emotional that they sat together on the train. They didn't have to do that but there's that feeling of "Right now you're the person I feel the safest/most comfortable around". Same with when their eyes meeting on the moonstone. Would have loved to see them say goodbye. (but it obviously would have been out of place with everything else)

Oku
Those nods to each other on the yacht were really subtle!!

I completely missed it the first time around, and it made a great cap-off to a second viewing.
Gosh, this film just gets so much better the more you think about and watch it!!

okungnyo wrote:I know, it's such a great film.

I want everyone to love it and see it the way we do, which makes it so disheartening to see an alarmingly larger and larger number of people complaining about the underdeveloped characters and how that disconnect made the film boring to them.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 8#p1123438

that was nearly 24 hours ago

My curiosity made me did similar thing as my friend did.

For the last 12 hours , I constantly observe twitter users(has over 100 followers/and using English to communicate ) who stated they have just seen the film, still, most of them(roughly every 8-9 out 10) are sending very positive messages

https://twitter.com/hashtag/dunkirk?f=t ... ws&lang=en

Oku
Oh, really?? I must be on the wrong negative/grouchy side of the Internet, then. :cry:

okungnyo wrote:Oh, really?? I must be on the wrong negative/grouchy side of the Internet, then. :cry:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/dunkirk?f=t ... ws&lang=en

here is the link, you can take 20 mins , simply check the latest 1000 "I watched dunkirk'(or similar) message--as sample , to see how many of them are positive and the ratio between negative and positive messages.

to observe the activity with your own eyes.