[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
i need to see that ending scene again .. hardy captured by the germans .. that scene is just wow ... :twothumbsup: but I dont see dunkirk again untill next weekend.. can someone just record it and share? I know its a stupid req but sorry ..cant help :lol:

I JUST realized that the soldier Gibson was burying in the beginning is the one he got the dog tag/uniform from.

Can someone explain to me why Farrier didn't punch out, or veer his plane back over the sea and land on the water like Collins, or any of these things? I'm sure it's something obvious, but I was just wondering. Other than it being a much more badass ending, this way...

fayestardust wrote:
Can someone explain to me why Farrier didn't punch out, or veer his plane back over the sea and land on the water like Collins, or any of these things? I'm sure it's something obvious, but I was just wondering. Other than it being a much more badass ending, this way...
Just from a purely survival point, he most likely realized that he had a much better chance of survival landing on land than in the water. What happens, like after he lands, his punch out malfunctions like Collins' did?

For anyone going to rewatch the movie, be on the lookout for something. In the first trailer they released (not the teaser, the one after), there's the shot of a line of soldiers in the water with bodies floating around, and they push one away. In the movie the shot lingers a little longer and you see a bit more of the dead body's face from the side, and it looks a lot like...
...the smirking extra from the first teaser. I'm like 75% sure it was him, or a very close match lol.

hotsauce32 wrote:For anyone going to rewatch the movie, be on the lookout for something. In the first trailer they released (not the teaser, the one after), there's the shot of a line of soldiers in the water with bodies floating around, and they push one away. In the movie the shot lingers a little longer and you see a bit more of the dead body's face from the side, and it looks a lot like...
...the smirking extra from the first teaser. I'm like 75% sure it was him, or a very close match lol.
Lmao, what?! Have to check that next time I see it! :lol:

User of Interest wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:For anyone going to rewatch the movie, be on the lookout for something. In the first trailer they released (not the teaser, the one after), there's the shot of a line of soldiers in the water with bodies floating around, and they push one away. In the movie the shot lingers a little longer and you see a bit more of the dead body's face from the side, and it looks a lot like...
Even if it's not him, it's now in my own personal head canon that the guy died :lol:

EDIT:

Okay, re-watching trailer 1, you actually get a decent look at him.
You guys think it's him or no?

hotsauce32 wrote:
User of Interest wrote:
Even if it's not him, it's now in my own personal head canon that the guy died :lol:

EDIT:

Okay, re-watching trailer 1, you actually get a decent look at him.
You guys think it's him or no?
I made an account just to say that I thought the exact same thing when I was watching, I started to laugh at the thought of that being his actual dead body after Nolan killed him for ruining the shot.

For the folks who've watched the prologue and also the movie, was the prologue the first 6-7 minutes of the movie?

GeniusNolan wrote:For the folks who've watched the prologue and also the movie, was the prologue the first 6-7 minutes of the movie?
No.