Rotten Tomatoes Predictions

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
the_red_ninja wrote:89%

But I might be dyslexic. 8-)
I win.

Pratham wrote:112%
:clap: :clap: :clap:

mclovin wrote:another negative on the way from kevin maher of the times
I'm all for everyone having their own opinion of films, but with how highly rated this has been I don't think critics really want to be on the bad side of it lol. This film is almost screaming instant classic based on reviews and many people won't forget what a critic says for years if it's thaaaatttt far off from what most people are saying.

PowerDump wrote:
I'm all for everyone having their own opinion of films, but with how highly rated this has been I don't think critics really want to be on the bad side of it lol. This film is almost screaming instant classic based on reviews and many people won't forget what a critic says for years if it's thaaaatttt far off from what most people are saying.
giving a positive review because other people are is not how a critic should critique

PowerDump wrote:
He has a right to his opinion and it's just as valid as anyone else's. You might actually agree with him when you see the movie. It doesn't sound like it's the easiest Nolan film to watch.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
PowerDump wrote:
He has a right to his opinion and it's just as valid as anyone else's. You might actually agree with him when you see the movie. It doesn't sound like it's the easiest Nolan film to watch.
That's true, just as someone has a right to say Tom Brady isn't a good QB or that Bill Gates isn't smart. I'm not calling it a masterpiece without seeing it, but over the years in life I've found not all opinions are equal.

I mean nobody is saying Nolan isnt a talented filmmaker

They just didnt like the movie

You can say you dont like Brady or Gates but no one will ever say they arent talented/smart

Spert wrote:I mean nobody is saying Nolan isnt a talented filmmaker

You can say you dont like Brady or Gates but no one will ever say they arent talented/smart
Yeah I gotcha, but I don't buy that people (I'm saying pretty much everyone on here) haven't come across opinions from people that you kind of smirk at or find kind of off. I mean, can you honestly say Armond White doesn't have bad opinions about movies?

Lol now I'm just going after the, everyone's opinion is valid statement in a earlier post. I don't know, it's just one of those statements that is way to general and isn't always 100% true for every situation in my opinion ;) . I have actually heard people say Brady isn't that good, that was before his last ring though.

Spert wrote:I mean nobody is saying Nolan isnt a talented filmmaker

The problem is that some people will honestly say that Brady is a cheater. And that's a problem that I always saw with sites such as Slashfilm. They are really picking on Nolan all the time while praising MCU films one after another, and this is a view I just simply cannot tolerate anymore.

So far it's 57-1. I think that says it all. Yeah it will have only a couple of rotten reviews. Obviously not everyone likes the same things. I know. People have different taste. Hard to grasp concept.
Last edited by Ruth on July 19th, 2017, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: insulting members aint cool