Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:
That was a real speech called "We shall fight on the beaches".
And hope the Americans bail us out. :lol:

Cilogy wrote:> Pfister
If Nolan were to do a Bond film, I think I'd rather have Pfister for cinematography. Hoytema did well with Spectre, but I feel like Pfister fits the style of Bond better. Just my thoughts :think:

Hardy in foreground and plane on fire in middle with Germans approaching in top of frame.

The best shot in any Nolan film and among the finest captured in cinema.

MyCocaine wrote:Hardy in foreground and plane on fire in middle with Germans approaching in top of frame.
Pity that the film didn't end with that shot. That was the perfect shot to end the film with due to it's symbolism. The following 4 seconds made almost no sense after that shot.

uhh you're missing the point of the juxtaposition of those final two images.

No I'm not. I just find the return to the last shot unnecessary. It really took me out of a perfect ending. I expected the credits to roll after that gorgeous shot with the plane in flames. Perfection would have been.

That plane image becomes even greater and more thematically complex after the final shot.

I would've loved it more if
it didn't fade to black after the plane on fire. A hard cut to Fionn would've worked better rather than the kind of fakeout.

Bacon wrote:I would've loved it more if
it didn't fade to black after the plane on fire. A hard cut to Fionn would've worked better rather than the kind of fakeout.
I agree with this.

Think Spider-Man 2 (ending spoilers, I guess).

CoMeT wrote:
Cilogy wrote:> Pfister
If Nolan were to do a Bond film, I think I'd rather have Pfister for cinematography. Hoytema did well with Spectre, but I feel like Pfister fits the style of Bond better. Just my thoughts :think:
I agree i thought inception was exceptional .Bond would suit that kind of imagery. Where is pfister these days?