Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
dormouse7 wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 9:30 am
Watch THR's Full Cinematographer Roundtable With Talent From 'Blade Runner 2049,' 'Dunkirk,' and More on SundanceTV
Roger Deakins, Robert Elswit, Janusz Kaminski, Dan Laustsen, Rachel Morrison and Hoyte Van Hoytema joined THR's Cinematographer Roundtable.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... tv-1081437
Excerpt:
Viewers can watch the roundtable discussions Sundays on SundanceTV as part of the cable channel's original nonfiction series, Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter, produced in partnership with THR. Come back to THR.com on Mondays after the shows air for the full, uncensored discussion online.

The sixth of seven episodes — the Cinematographer Roundtable — airs this Sunday, Feb. 25. For subsequent episodes, tune in every Sunday at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT on satellite (channel 557 on DirecTV and 126 on Dish nationwide), and at 10 a.m. ET/PT on cable (channel 625 on Spectrum/TWC in L.A., 94 in NYC).

put it on the internet you fucks

edit: oh, monday

Now that's some proper roundtable.£

My thoughts as well. Looking forward to this one more than I did to the directing one tbh.

natalie wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 6:41 pm
Oscars 2018: Here Are the Cameras Used to Shoot The Films Nominated for Best Cinematography
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/oscars ... 201929841/
When we first [talked] about cameras and whether we’d shoot with the Alexa 65, [director] Denis [Villeneuve] said, ‘Well, I like the way ‘Sicario’ looked. Why don’t we just shoot spherical [lenses] and do the same?’ I said, ‘Fine by me.’ That’s kind of what I like. I don’t want a shallow focus that comes with the 65.
metal

Hi everybody,

I checked out the Dunkirk bonus features again to get a more detailed glimpse on Chris Nolan behind the scenes. Although they could have incorporated more BTS footage, I think the featurettes are quite interesting.

I'm writing because I noticed Nolan's viewfinder in a few of the shots that I haven't seen anywhere else... It seems to be something like an IMAX SLR camera.
Do you know more about the camera, maybe even information on the model?

Here are some pictures of the camera in his hands... these are the only ones I saw.
Thank you so much for any help! :gonf:

Nicolas wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Hi everybody,

I checked out the Dunkirk bonus features again to get a more detailed glimpse on Chris Nolan behind the scenes. Although they could have incorporated more BTS footage, I think the featurettes are quite interesting.

I'm writing because I noticed Nolan's viewfinder in a few of the shots that I haven't seen anywhere else... It seems to be something like an IMAX SLR camera.

Here are some pictures of the camera in his hands... these are the only ones I saw.
It looks like one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_6%C3%977

Modified to take the IMAX Hasselblad lenses.

The_Maestro wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 1:55 pm
Nicolas wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Hi everybody,

It looks like one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_6%C3%977

Modified to take the IMAX Hasselblad lenses.
This must be the right one - thank you so much! :twothumbsup: