The Dunkirk Talkshow Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Harry's full BBC1 interview - I don't know if there is any more Dunkirk discussion than the scant bit already posted.
https://twitter.com/thestylespics/statu ... 3118148608
( bbc1 link is UK only http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p058hkpv )

Harry's Capital FM interview
https://twitter.com/BestDailyHarry/stat ... 1453115393

Some quotes that may be in the BBC1 audio..
"The first time I watched it, I hadn't seen how Christopher Nolan had put things together," Harry told Nick Grimshaw when he visited The Radio 1 Breakfast Show this week.

"So I was watching to see what the story was.

"Then I watched it at the premiere in London and it got me a few times, there were a couple of emotional bits where I didn't know if it was OK to cry at a film I was in."
re auditioning
"I did a tape and sent it in," he told Nick.

"I did it with the casting director in America and flew back to the auditions in London - which was a bit weird."

Harry stars alongside Fionn Whitehead, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy and Mark Rylance in Dunkirk and admits he was a little bit star-struck when he first met the rest of the cast.

"You walk into a room and everyone in the room was people I’d seen in movies," he said.

"It's so weird because you do it and then you go home and obsess over whether it was good or not, so it's a really strange thing."

Forum Pro
dormouse7 wrote:The Today Show is a morning news and talk show and I have no idea who any of the hosts are. Just looked it up and apparently "Kathie Lee" is their biggest name host.

I found the Branagh interview video - apparently they did include some video clips of Dunkirk:
http://www.today.com/video/kenneth-bran ... 1656387813
Its only the second biggest morning program here in the states. And the Hoda/Kathy Lee hour is a hour of the show geared towards women. Nolan and company look to be on during the opening segment, is which mostly hard news. Matt Lauer did the interviews on TDKR and asked some good questions, hopefully he does Nolan and Rylance

can't remember what interview it was but I think it was from today - but anyway, Styles mentioned that he didn't have a lot of lines to memorize, but then he also said that Nolan liked it when they had "real" reactions to things, so even if the lines weren't quite as scripted, if they sounded natural he kept them in. Thought that was cool, because so many directors out there are rather freakish with demanding everything being exactly the way they have penned it on paper. Not Nolan though. :thumbup:

Why is everyone interviewing Harry? I understand he's a "famous" ex-pop star, but for christ sake this is his first film, who cares what he thinks of it and his experience? How about Cillian, Tom and literally anyone else? I have only found one interview from Tom and it was a 2 minute red carpet back and forth quick bit.

That's because Tom did not take part in any press tour promo other than showing up for the London premiere. I believe he is training for his next film. So the only interview he got was on the red carpet of the London premiere.

Also re Harry - Harry brought in a lot of media focused on popular celebs - media that probably would not have been there if Harry wasn't part of it, especially without Tom Hardy there. And re Harry's solo radio show interviews - those shows are focused on popular music and know Harry. No idea why Harry is getting the Tonight Show by himself, but Harry is also friends with Jimmy Fallon and recently did an SNL with him.

So far, Harry's done only one interview alone and I doubt any other member of the cast would've had that opportunity (BBCR1 Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw). Then he'll do The Tonight Show. Cillian and Tom haven't participated in press at all so far, but Cillian is doing Colbert next week. Not sure if Tom Hardy will do anything? Does anyone know?

Harry also did Capital FM.

Cillian will be on a Today Show.
According to NBC listings, Styles and Whitehead will appear during the 7-9AM portion of the July 19 episode. They will then appear in the 9-10AM hour on July 21.

In addition, Sir Kenneth Branagh (7-9AM, July 17), Cillian Murphy (9-10AM, July 18), and Christopher Nolan & Mark Rylance (7-9AM, July 21).

Branagh will be on Colbert on Wednesday.

From an article - all the late night appearances currently known:
Styles will be a guest Wednesday on NBC’s “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” The same show will feature Jenny Slate and The Who.

Stephen Colbert has two “Dunkirk” stars lined up for CBS’ “The Late Show.”

Cillian Murphy will be on Tuesday’s (tonight’s) show along with actor Keegan-Michael Key and stand-up comedian Matteo Lane.

Kenneth Branagh will be on Wednesday’s show along with actor James McAvoy.