The Press/Premieres Tour Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Well bear in mind - the temporary IMAX would be 1.90:1, not 1.44:1. Not to mention digital, instead of 70mm. Nolan's making sure all premieres play in 70mm film - regular or IMAX.

And it won't be the world first public screening of the film haha. There's still the London one taking place three days prior.... And it won't be the first premiere - again, there's a London one three days prior and there'll be one more US premiere before that I bet.

So the main screen will be temporary IMAX, but a digital one? And then there's also a 70mm screening or does that get the biggest screen?

Oku
antovolk wrote:Well bear in mind - the temporary IMAX would be 1.90:1, not 1.44:1. Not to mention digital, instead of 70mm. Nolan's making sure all premieres play in 70mm film - regular or IMAX.

And it won't be the world first public screening of the film haha. There's still the London one taking place three days prior.... And it won't be the first premiere - again, there's a London one three days prior and there'll be one more US premiere before that I bet.
Ohh, I was imagining a 70mm screen.

But digital, that's a whole different story; Mr. Nolan hates those, for sure.
Nomis wrote:So the main screen will be temporary IMAX, but a digital one? And then there's also a 70mm screening or does that get the biggest screen?
No, we're talking hypothetically.

Nomis wrote:So the main screen will be temporary IMAX, but a digital one? And then there's also a 70mm screening or does that get the biggest screen?
No.

The initial idea for the Dunkerque premiere was to put a temporary digital IMAX in the Kursaal. Nolan said no. So what they're doing is taking over the Ocine multiplex, and bringing in a non-IMAX 70mm projector for the main/biggest screen.

Ah now I understand. Thanks. Hope I get tickets and can make it lol

[quote="antovolk"]Sorry for double post, more details on that premiere in Dunkirk from that newspaper article:

- London premiere is now official for July 13. (article says "shown in London three days earlier")

Is this really true ? And do you know were the event is in London ? Beacause iam iam live in the Netherlands.
And i really wanna attent to the London Premiere :D

jacobj wrote:
antovolk wrote:Sorry for double post, more details on that premiere in Dunkirk from that newspaper article:

- London premiere is now official for July 13. (article says "shown in London three days earlier")

Is this really true ? And do you know were the event is in London ? Beacause iam iam live in the Netherlands.
Going to throw it out there that it'll be the BFI. If true, gives them no excuse to do the early screening in 70mm instead of 15/70.

-Vader

Willem wrote:Really cool that they're doing the biggest premiere in Dunkerque itself.
I think its terrific as well.

Vader182 wrote:
jacobj wrote: Is this really true ? And do you know were the event is in London ? Beacause iam iam live in the Netherlands.
Going to throw it out there that it'll be the BFI. If true, gives them no excuse to do the early screening in 70mm instead of 15/70.

-Vader
The July 13 date is true. As I said earlier, the main red carpet/screening will be at Odeon Leicester Square in regular 70mm, with a second red carpet at the BFI IMAX also expected (in 70mm IMAX). Then the BFI Southbank is having a (now sold out) public preview later that evening in regular 70mm with Nolan introducing.

Vader, not sure what you mean by no excuse. The BFI IMAX is gonna be used as part of the premiere like it was on TDKR and Interstellar and BvS so of course the BFI has to use their non-IMAX Southbank venue for the public preview.

Oku
antovolk wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
jacobj wrote: Is this really true ? And do you know were the event is in London ? Beacause iam iam live in the Netherlands.

-Vader
The July 13 date is true. As I said earlier, the main red carpet/screening will be at Odeon Leicester Square in regular 70mm, with a second red carpet at the BFI IMAX also expected (in 70mm IMAX). Then the BFI Southbank is having a (now sold out) public preview later that evening in regular 70mm with Nolan introducing.

Vader, not sure what you mean by no excuse. The BFI IMAX is gonna be used as part of the premiere like it was on TDKR and Interstellar and BvS so of course the BFI has to use their non-IMAX Southbank venue for the public preview.
Why can't they use the BFI IMAX for the premiere and for the public preview?