The Press/Premieres Tour Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The first round of Dunkirk interviews with the cast and director are very impressive indeed. They all shine. (That round table discussion with the four young leads should be scrapped and filmed again LOL, must have been something in the water that day). Good to hear that Jack Lowden is still chummy with Hardy and calls him T-dog. :lol:

YouTube comment under the Fox 5 interview -
I was an extra in Dunkirk in Urk the Netherlands and had the privilege to see Christopher Nolan at work. When he boarded the ship, the whole crew of 120 extras stood still and just looked at him. Everyone was looking at him with such respect and admiration it was really unbelievable. We had some rought times on set. We got bombed every 20 minutes by incoming Junkers and Spitfires. We had no facial protection so it was really hard to see sometimes. We got dust into our lungs and eyes it was really terrible. The most amazing thing is that Nolan and Hoyte were behind us and they didnt even wear facial protection. The whole cast was in this together. It really showed that connection that Nolan has with his Crew.

I can't say I'm a fan (yet) of Harry Styles but he certainly scrubs up well, doesn't he? His music doesn't do anything for me but I predict he'll win me over with his acting and screen presence. So far what I find most impressive about him is his penchant for older women lol. From these interviews I've watched today on YouTube he is doing a stellar job selling the movie. I can see a Mick Jagger biopic in his future.

RiverWitch wrote:I can't say I'm a fan (yet) of Harry Styles but he certainly scrubs up well, doesn't he? His music doesn't do anything for me but I predict he'll win me over with his acting and screen presence. So far what I find most impressive about him is his penchant for older women lol. From these interviews I've watched today on YouTube he is doing a stellar job selling the movie. I can see a Mick Jagger biopic in his future.
He's very charming and naturally likeable. Whatever the "it" factor is, he has it.

RiverWitch wrote:I can't say I'm a fan (yet) of Harry Styles but he certainly scrubs up well, doesn't he? His music doesn't do anything for me but I predict he'll win me over with his acting and screen presence. So far what I find most impressive about him is his penchant for older women lol. From these interviews I've watched today on YouTube he is doing a stellar job selling the movie. I can see a Mick Jagger biopic in his future.
He hates that notion about himself, so I think you're off on the wrong foot with it
ImageImageImage
This was the first and last time I saw him being impolite in an interview, so yeah, not a good thing.
There was a rumour about him doing a Jagger biopic but he said that the film isn't even happening as far as he knows. I hope Fionn relaxes a bit more, tho. He's dragging it a bit down tbh. I thought it was just that so many of the questions were Harry-focused and he was annoyed (which I'd get), but I've watched three different ones were the questions were on topic and fair and he was wearing the same stoic face. I get it, it's his personality. But you're selling a film. Loosen up, dude. Hopefully it's just nerves and it gets better

dunkirktrash wrote: He hates that notion about himself
I doubt that very much. If you understand anything about men and their egos you'll know that having a rep for liking older women is a major turn on for both sexes. Women love it and men admire and are fascinated by their brethren who go down that path - successfully - for it takes a special fella indeed for an older woman to take you on.
dunkirktrash wrote: There was a rumour about him doing a Jagger biopic
Didn't know that but it's inevitable that one day in the future we'll see a Jagger biopic, and this is the guy to play him, no question about it.

RiverWitch wrote:
dunkirktrash wrote: He hates that notion about himself
I doubt that very much. If you understand anything about men and their egos you'll know that having a rep for liking older women is a major turn on for both sexes. Women love it and men admire and are fascinated by their brethren who go down that path - successfully - for it takes a special fella indeed for an older woman to take you on.
dunkirktrash wrote: There was a rumour about him doing a Jagger biopic
Didn't know that but it's inevitable that one day in the future we'll see a Jagger biopic, and this is the guy to play him, no question about it.
Mate, he literally hates it. I showed you an example and there are like, 10 others, which I won't share because it's completely unrelated to this forum and this thread. But you can't compare a regular everyday guy with a celebrity. That's the gist of it. Stop putting yourself in his position because you're not him. You would like it. Say it how it is. And tbh, he doesn't need 'a rep for liking older women' when he has the amount of money and success he has so it's irrelevant for his ego. Harry has shown time and again that he hates every single rumour about his lovelife and rejects all of them constantly, that includes liking older women, having success with women, etc.

About the biopic, I think Harry is a bit too tall and broad to play Jagger (he's like 6' and Jagger is like, 5'9'', 5'10''), but he does imitate him quite well and there are certain features in his face that are similar so I wouldn't discard it.

I'm gonna leave this conversation here, tho. This is completely irrelevant to this thread. I apologise. Let's stay on topic.

NEW: Hollywood XYZ interview with Harry & Fionn